4WD help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4WD help

Can any one point me in the direction of where to find the 4WD indicator leaflet that was posted showing what combination of lights should be on on a 3rd gen when in the various states of 4WD. I have done a search but nothing has come up and the one in my handbook is in japanese.
    Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Originally posted by Malenibo
    Can any one point me in the direction of where to find the 4WD indicator leaflet that was posted showing what combination of lights should be on on a 3rd gen when in the various states of 4WD. I have done a search but nothing has come up and the one in my handbook is in japanese.
    there's a diagram on top of the stick!!

2H...stick forward... 2wd
    2H... stick forward + button in... 4wd

4H... pull back... 4wd + diff lock

N... right... neutral

4L... right+up... low range 4wd + diff lock
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Thanks that helps. Sometimes when I change the lights are flashing and I was looking to find out what it means
      Malcolm
      Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Malenibo

Sorry, I did have this on my site, but since changing the hosting on the site I'm having severe difficulties with it and have not currently re uploaded the relevent section.

If the lights are flashing just after you have selected a different 4wd mode that's OK, it indicates that the system is in a transitional phase. Sometimes to encourage the system to complete the change its helpfull to reduce power, slow down or turn the steering.
        The 4 corner wheel lights illuminate to indicate 4wd mode, with the sentre round light joining in to indicate the centre diff has been locked.
        4wd can only be selected up to 100Kph. Only change to Low ratio, or lock the diff when stationary.

Hope this answers your query.
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

What is the maximum speed you should drive at when 4x4 is engaged?