electric service cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric service cable

Hi, are there any electrical experts out there? Would anyone be able to tell me what cable should be used. It has to go from a transformer in the sheep shed to a new build. The new house will have all the usual electrical stuff. Is there an average size for a 4 bedroom house or should it be worked out more accurately than that? I don't know much about this sort of thing - obvious isn't it!

Jacqueline

Better off seeing your local hydro electric or who ever deals with your electricity supply. I built my house a few years back,the cables onlt about 30mm thick. Think it varies. Depends on what electrics you use. They give out a sheet wanting to know how many bedrooms,elec' showers,elec' heating etc.

Ah,the joys of a self build,that takes me back!!!!

Is it a kit house or a conversion your doing???
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Yeah, the main feed to a property is not something you'll be allowed to DIY anyway.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by smiffy
        Better off seeing your local hydro electric or who ever deals with your electricity supply. I built my house a few years back,the cables onlt about 30mm thick. Think it varies. Depends on what electrics you use. They give out a sheet wanting to know how many bedrooms,elec' showers,elec' heating etc.

Ah,the joys of a self build,that takes me back!!!!

Is it a kit house or a conversion your doing???
        It's a kit house, it's for a friend and I'm helping them build it. I'll check out Scottish Power tomorrow, maybe when they see the electrical appliances to be in use they'll work it out. Can't be as hard work as the foundations - up to your knees in concrete trying to keep it back with blocks.

Jacqueline

Comment

Originally posted by jax
          It's a kit house, it's for a friend and I'm helping them build it. I'll check out Scottish Power tomorrow, maybe when they see the electrical appliances to be in use they'll work it out. Can't be as hard work as the foundations - up to your knees in concrete trying to keep it back with blocks.

Jacqueline

Happy days. Then it'll be the blocks to wall plate level. Filled in with type 1 followed by a 2" screed of concrete for the solums. Puts me in the mood to build another!!!
          www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Working...
          X