Petrol Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petrol Prices

We are hitting 95p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of >an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place
    not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not
    purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the
    message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have
    been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ..

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt,
    all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! Acting together we can make a difference If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso.
    www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Hi - this was posted the other day.....

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ghlight=prices
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Aye, and as said then, the biggest chunk of the price is the tax ( some 75%) that is levied by our caring government.

They don't care if we don't buy fuel, they'll get the tax elsewhere, and gloat that their green policies work.

It's a lose-lose situaion for the consumer.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Oil companies are more powerful than governments. I know it's pie in the sky stuff as people are cr@p at sticking together, but in the unlikely event that it did happen, I think the oil companies would put pressure on the govt to drop prices a little.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

i payed £1.01 per lt for diesel at the station right outside stanlow oil depot .
          must be all the transport costs for sending it 500 yrds over the road
          i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

what price is every one paying around the country

Inverness is generally the 96p a litre mark
            www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

98p - 99p a litre round Worcestershire. Glad Tony did my fuel pump seals for me! Back to a veg mix for me!

PS. To MILNER and (surprisingly) Roughtrax - the top seals from the 2.4 engine set DO fit the 3.0 fuel pump.

To the lady at Milners who told me "dont listen to people on forums, they dont know what they're talking about" - it appears that people here know more than the 'experts' at Milners.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

if only Oil companies told the government were only goin to produce upto
                2500litres a year and pay no duty and put people out of work and everyday petrol user would struggle, it might hit home with the government.
                but i doubt anythin we do will have any effect

Comment

97-98ppl round here.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                    98p - 99p a litre round Worcestershire. Glad Tony did my fuel pump seals for me! Back to a veg mix for me!

PS. To MILNER and (surprisingly) Roughtrax - the top seals from the 2.4 engine set DO fit the 3.0 fuel pump.

To the lady at Milners who told me "dont listen to people on forums, they dont know what they're talking about" - it appears that people here know more than the 'experts' at Milners.

Glad the seals fitted, get back to the veg! Forums 1 milners 0
                    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

boycotted BP service station today on the M4... needed to fill up and the next one was Esso! I did try though
                      Tim
                      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Over the £1 a litre for diesal here in parts of Essex.
                        Petrol 98p+

And Makro's veg prices are rising at a faster rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache

Really??

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                            Really??
                            cant find the,

"milners are boners, smiley"

Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

It's about 96ppl at Tesco, seen it at 99.9 somwhere round here,

Glad its about the same price in Inverness..... Going up there next week!
                              Last edited by coolsv650; 15 October 2007, 13:54. Reason: forgot the Capital I
                              Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
                              X