used vege for the first time today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• used vege for the first time today

well i bought some sainsburys vege oil today and put it in the tank, i put in 10 ltres of vege oil then topped up with 40 litres of diesel,
    i love the smell, no nasty diesel smell , just the smell of a greasy fry up every where you go,
    so i works out im using about 20% vege at the moment, and the vege was 56p per litre
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

i cant make my mind up wether to try this to be honest??

Comment

Originally posted by animal
      well i bought some sainsburys vege oil today and put it in the tank, i put in 10 ltres of vege oil then topped up with 40 litres of diesel,
      i love the smell, no nasty diesel smell , just the smell of a greasy fry up every where you go,
      so i works out im using about 20% vege at the moment, and the vege was 56p per litre

nice 1 m8 im running on 50/75% depends on how much money i have left at end of week n smell is brill

Comment

i was a bit aprehensive to start with about putting vege oil in the tank, but now i have done it im going to constantly use it, it just smells sooooo much nicer and actually feels like the surf is running smoother with it .
        im a vege freak now

Comment

actually it was tesco vege oil i used not sainsburys , and the other advantage is that the wife doesnt mind going in the smurf now that it smells better

I LOVE IT

Comment

mine is running on50/50 mix with no probs i caused a bit of a stir at my local lidl the other day they are selling veg oil at 56p litre which is cheaper than my local makro at hte moment the number of people that came up to watching what i was doing and asking questions as i poured in lidi finest into my tank i had one old guy come up to me because he though i was on some sort of wind up and i was really putting in diesel so when i showed him the bottles and i tasted it a little bit just to prove a point he went over to his diesel golf and chucked in the veg oil bought for his chips one happy chappie.
            cheers shaun
            NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

only now n then does the skull start up lumpy but soon as he warmed up he runs just fine so dont worry if you try a bit more % n it starts lumpy it soon settles also some have had probs with fuel seals leaking but other can tell you more bout that but hand on heart ive had no probs as yet

Comment

Im also yet to use Veg!! Gettin a bit low on the ole fuel so might be worth putting in a few litres .

Comment

still nervous lol,wudnt turps thin it out,or does it not really need it?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
                    i have been putting 1l of white spirit to 15l of veg oil and giving it a good mix then pouring into the tank
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

ive heard bout the turps thing but havent tried that as yet but i know stormy as tried it

Comment

I think veggie surfer (cant remember the new name! Sorry mate ) has tried and tested white spirit in the veg oil an can reccomend it .

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                          I think veggie surfer (cant remember the new name! Sorry mate ) has tried and tested white spirit in the veg oil an can reccomend it .
                          i think it is a improvement from straight svo in with the desiel but make sure the w/spirit is mixed well with the oil before putting in the tank

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
                            i think it is a improvement from straight svo in with the desiel but make sure the w/spirit is mixed well with the oil before putting in the tank

Is white spirit essential? I guess its not a problem if it needs to have it!

Im just not 100% sure about trying it this side of christmas, I need weekends and money to get more lift bits and try and work out a date to do the lift!! Dont want to have to change fuel pump seals.

Would help if xmas wasnt around the damn corner!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                              Is white spirit essential? I guess its not a problem if it needs to have it!

Im just not 100% sure about trying it this side of christmas, I need weekends and money to get more lift bits and try and work out a date to do the lift!! Dont want to have to change fuel pump seals.

Would help if xmas wasnt around the damn corner!!!
                              no its not essential but after using it aswell i find that the start up in the mornings is better and runs more smoother

Comment

Working...
                              X