1"-1.5"-2" ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1"-1.5"-2" ??

Right, Im 100% sure im going to get a body lift!!!

after seeing Neros pics of the poomobile im convinced.

soon(ish) im going to have 4" rear lift on suspension and 3.5" front lift on the suspension. with my alloys i think im going to rub bad on the 12.50"s

Question is... what height body lift?

I dont want to OVER clear the tyres too much, so im thinking 2" is a lil extreme, 1.5" is more like it i think, nice an tall without losing the proportions but it would leave a noticeable gap between my silly exhaust and rear bumper. 1" would be less noticable on the exhaust etc. but.... i dunno, i havent got an cons on that one yet.

So basically your opinions gents.

1" - 1.5" - 2"

Oh - thought this was one of those 'tablet' threads!!!
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach

soon(ish) im going to have 4" rear lift on suspension and 3.5" front lift on the suspension. with my alloys i think im going to rub bad on the 12.50"s

I dont want to OVER clear the tyres too much, so im thinking 2" is a lil extreme, 1.5" is more like it i think, nice an tall without losing the proportions but it would leave a noticeable gap between my silly exhaust and rear bumper. 1" would be less noticable on the exhaust etc. but.... i dunno, i havent got an cons on that one yet.

So basically your opinions

1" - 1.5" - 2"

2" inches,you can tuck everything up dude,and in the flesh it looks awesome!!!

ps do you like the poomobile lift,it was sat next to nero's which has a 2 inch lift and it made it look standard!!!!
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

So basically your opinions gents.

1" - 1.5" - 2"
        i don't think you will notice the difference between the 1.5" and 2" lifts much by looking at it but it will make that bit of difference on the tyres
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

2 inch is good .......mine with a 2 inch body lift on 31's

www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

i,d go for 2"

for the simple reason that if you fitted a 1", you would without doubt think, wish i,d just gone for the 2"

this is mine with 2" susp, 2" body , uprated torsions & LC springs, o and 33,s

cheers scotty

Comment

Mudsurfer! Wash your mouth out! Dirty man.

GWH- loved the lift mate! just sets it off nice!!

Rich- I can see what you mean, i wanna make sure i clear the tyres! At the moment they rub an to be honest... its annoying

Woodzie - 2" does look good!

I spose really its down to half an inch either way!!

one thing i have to take care on, The TJM bumper comes in two sections, The bracket part that bolts to the chassis and then the actual bumper is bolted to that.

Im going to have to take out some of the bolts, if any of the holes realign - refit bolts and then just weld the sh!t out of all of it so its tight..

If my bars on my bumper go 2" lower, then thats smack bang in the middle of the headlights!

Comment

Mudsurfer! Wash your mouth out! Dirty man.

GWH- loved the lift mate! just sets it off nice!!

Rich- I can see what you mean, i wanna make sure i clear the tyres! At the moment they rub an to be honest... its annoying

Woodzie - 2" does look good!

I spose really its down to half an inch either way!!

one thing i have to take care on, The TJM bumper comes in two sections, The bracket part that bolts to the chassis and then the actual bumper is bolted to that.

Im going to have to take out some of the bolts, if any of the holes realign - refit bolts and then just weld the sh!t out of all of it so its tight..

If my bars on my bumper go 2" lower, then thats smack bang in the middle of the headlights!
                reason left bullbar off after i lifted it 2" , sat to low
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                  reason left bullbar off after i lifted it 2" , sat to low

Thats it mate!

There is noooo way im losing this bumper!!! come hell or high water.. i'll get it sit right!

Comment

gotta be careful mate if your fitting winch on , gotta make sure your not putting to much stress on new fittings
                    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                      gotta be careful mate if your fitting winch on , gotta make sure your not putting to much stress on new fittings

When i get a winch, it will be mounted to the plate which hopefully will be bolted/welded to the mounting bracket, the actual bumper is almost there to just shield it...

Its hard to explain without pictures.. but should be ok!!

Till it goes flying off and smashes a surf up....

Comment

for home made fittings use 216 grade stailess most good placers will stock bolts bracets fittings in this grade it dont shear easy (use it for pins in skip lorrys picking up 7 tons or more and jcb bits)
                        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK
                          for home made fittings use 216 grade stailess most good placers will stock bolts bracets fittings in this grade it dont shear easy (use it for pins in skip lorrys picking up 7 tons or more and jcb bits)

Use those bolts for the body lift? or for refixing the bumper?? im a weee bit ignorant mate!

Comment

Working...
                          X