No announcement yet.

Boy Racers... Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hate boy racers they make the roads unsafe (its them chavv ones)
    i have a big passion for fast cars (i killed a few) i love ex police cars
    i have drove all my cars like a nutter but in all the right place's
    not though towns and back streets (its that was makes boy racers look $$$$s)
    just like us 4x4 use's its the few that give's us all a bad name
    boy racers are daft and deadly like some one said they are 17 and have to learn
    learn this there is no funn when your dead or liveing with the fact that you killed some one with a 350 bhp chavv car
    well i tell you i do speed all the time but i do it at night and iam out doing it all night i do the a1 from end to end the m1 end to end and if i feel like it
    i do the m1 m62 m76 m78 then back down the a1 on to a1m off at the a5
    my faveret motoway is the m180 and i do that for fun
    never been pulled ever and i have done 200mph i a 3lt senitor with 7 speed raceing diff and 7 speed raceing gear box and self made gas injection
    only time a police man drove up side of me and asked me to boot it to see if his t5 could keep up with the old expolice car i was in (i did pass me at 170)
    its all about being safe in your hobbies and iam afraid that them chavv's make it harder for the ones who have a true passion for these things
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

this is wot really really bugs me,i was a boy racer at 17,and there was no such thing as chav???
      i have 9 points on my licence and none in a car,all in a truck lolol
      but my point is havin a passion about cars doesnt =chav

Comment

a chavv is one of those boy racers that puts loads of money in to a body kit and a chavv thinks that its the body kit that makes them go faster
        the ones with a passion for this type of thing do it under the bonnet fisrt knowing bigger faster thing need more to stop and controle
        chavv's have not got a clue
        i cant say i was a boy racer i past my test at 28 only been driveing 4 years
        i have no points
        but still love the fast cars (rear wheel drive tho)

Comment

Ive never really done the fast thing!

ive only been driving a few years, Passed at 17, now 20.

Been driving surfs since just before 18. So ive never felt comfortable going super duper fast in a great big truck!

Plus insurance is already hard on me without adding points to it.

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
            yea i did,how did you know that.
            Blackadder goes forth.............
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
              Ive never really done the fast thing!

ive only been driving a few years, Passed at 17, now 20.

Been driving surfs since just before 18. So ive never felt comfortable going super duper fast in a great big truck!

Plus insurance is already hard on me without adding points to it.
              we each have ower own likes and disslikes
              i have been trying to stay a way from fast cars (too costly) iam trying to do what your doing and stick to the trucks
              dont get that fast car bugg its funn but in the end its not worth all the cost real i had more funn in my surf than any car i have ever had
              though all my playing in all sorts of cars what have i come back too
              i s$$$$ed every car i had i killed them all
              but i kept my surf for 3 years (gets fixed this week )
              i stayed off the road for 17 week now just so i dont go and buy a fast car like i all ways do iam holding off till my surf is dont

dude your better off not haveing the fast car bugg

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK
                we each have ower own likes and disslikes
                i have been trying to stay a way from fast cars (too costly) iam trying to do what your doing and stick to the trucks
                dont get that fast car bugg its funn but in the end its not worth all the cost real i had more funn in my surf than any car i have ever had
                though all my playing in all sorts of cars what have i come back too
                i s$$$$ed every car i had i killed them all
                but i kept my surf for 3 years (gets fixed this week )
                i stayed off the road for 17 week now just so i dont go and buy a fast car like i all ways do iam holding off till my surf is dont

dude your better off not haveing the fast car bugg
                well fingers crossed i never pick it up!

But dont get me wrong, just cuz im not a reeeally fast driver. I Have HUGE respect for those that know how to tinker and get the best out of there engines etc!

its something i really wish i knew, but i guess i just messed up an any oportunity to go down that route passed!

Each to there own, Theres a skyline outside my aunties house an its just awesome!!!! But then theres my surf outside my house... an i love that even more

Comment

once you overtake a porsche in a skyline yr hooked lol!!!TRUST ME

Comment

i know both them feelings and i will try to stick with the surf

Comment

Coming from the scene i do, i was a boy racer and only came out of it 18 months ago when i decided i wanted something bigger and more practical, ie a 4x4, so bought the surf.

The fact is that most of these people do know a bit about cars. The sensible ones go one of two ways, either they concentrate almost wholly on the looks and most insure it properly for not much more than a standard car because it still has stock performance. Or they concentrate on engine mods, this leaves them in a predicament do they insure it fully, do they just insure third party, most of the ones that do engine mods do a lot of the work themselves and are basically self taught mechanics, so are often prepared to risk tp insurance, or do they not bother cos the insurance companies shaft them for having a modified car, and often don't understand the mods that have been done anyway, i have known them to request dyno reports to prove what the actual performance gains are.

Most of these guys have plans and visions of what they want to do to their cars, but all of this costs money, and often these guys simply can't afford to see their plans through.

It's also as much a social thing as it is about the traffic light grand prix, but the police rather than target the dangerous driving, the low level street racing, the drink/drug driving, which does take place target the social side and dish out asbo's for having your stereo turned up to loud, or pulling the odd doughnut in an empty car park. <off on a tangent>

There obviously are the dicks in whatever cars they drive, there are as many drive fords, peugeots, and BMWs as there are drive vauxhalls, who partake in the reckless, stupid, dangerous racing, drunk & stoned driving, and put joe public at risk. And they are hated as much by the boy racer communities as they are by everyone else.

Several of my old friends wore chavvy clothes, and drove nova's, why, because they were very tuneable, and easy to work on. One of my mates in particular stripped an A reg nova saloon, and using 2nd hand parts from 1.3, 1.4, and 1.6 vauxhall engines, the only non vauxhall part he used was a weber carb which he got off ebay. Built a nova which would give scoobies and the like a damn good run for their money, other than the exhaust, irmscher alloys and a vented bonnet it looked standard.

My point is there's a lot of unfounded bull$hit being thrown around this thread, and whilst everyone's entitled to their own opinion and i'm more than happy for them to express it some of it is absolute utter trollop, and if the people that have written it believe that it's true they're very wrong.
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

nero vvvv well said and i second exactly wot u said

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                          Coming from the scene i do, i was a boy racer and only came out of it 18 months ago when i decided i wanted something bigger and more practical, ie a 4x4, so bought the surf.

The fact is that most of these people do know a bit about cars. The sensible ones go one of two ways, either they concentrate almost wholly on the looks and most insure it properly for not much more than a standard car because it still has stock performance. Or they concentrate on engine mods, this leaves them in a predicament do they insure it fully, do they just insure third party, most of the ones that do engine mods do a lot of the work themselves and are basically self taught mechanics, so are often prepared to risk tp insurance, or do they not bother cos the insurance companies shaft them for having a modified car, and often don't understand the mods that have been done anyway, i have known them to request dyno reports to prove what the actual performance gains are.

Most of these guys have plans and visions of what they want to do to their cars, but all of this costs money, and often these guys simply can't afford to see their plans through.

It's also as much a social thing as it is about the traffic light grand prix, but the police rather than target the dangerous driving, the low level street racing, the drink/drug driving, which does take place target the social side and dish out asbo's for having your stereo turned up to loud, or pulling the odd doughnut in an empty car park. <off on a tangent>

There obviously are the dicks in whatever cars they drive, there are as many drive fords, peugeots, and BMWs as there are drive vauxhalls, who partake in the reckless, stupid, dangerous racing, drunk & stoned driving, and put joe public at risk. And they are hated as much by the boy racer communities as they are by everyone else.

Several of my old friends wore chavvy clothes, and drove nova's, why, because they were very tuneable, and easy to work on. One of my mates in particular stripped an A reg nova saloon, and using 2nd hand parts from 1.3, 1.4, and 1.6 vauxhall engines, the only non vauxhall part he used was a weber carb which he got off ebay. Built a nova which would give scoobies and the like a damn good run for their money, other than the exhaust, irmscher alloys and a vented bonnet it looked standard.

My point is there's a lot of unfounded bull$hit being thrown around this thread, and whilst everyone's entitled to their own opinion and i'm more than happy for them to express it some of it is absolute utter trollop, and if the people that have written it believe that it's true they're very wrong.

Some good points mate!

I think its a shame that people get done on insurance, but when companys have to pay out for all kinds of claims, be it true or false. You can expect nothing but higher premiums.

In many respects were the same with our surfs as the 'boy racers' are with there cars, They want it lower with better street performance, We want them higher with better off road performance!

I say fairplay to anyone who gives the mod game a shot!! Its well worth doing!!

What i think is a shame, is when you see some generic tuner car thats in a pile of parts in a hedge, up near my uncles place theres been two fatal crashes on corners that i can take at 60 (the limit) in my truck no problems.

Thats someones life in that pile of bits littering the road and bushes, I adore my truck... but i wouldnt give my life up for it!

I feel sorry for those who made the mistake of just taking it a little bit too far and losing big time!

EDIT: I used the term generic because i dont want to make out like im pointing out certain car groups etc!
                          Last edited by RodLeach; 14 October 2007, 16:13.

Comment

think you will find it differs from town to town
                            wrre i live most not all of them are just chavvy drug dealer flashing money around what they get from smack and crack
                            but i fully agree with what you said most my freinds are (whats known has )boy racers
                            there is nothing they carnt do to a car
                            but like you said they are the ones that dont need the chavv label

i will have a bad veiw on most boy racers just simpaly were i come from
                            too many killed on these streets round here by whats maily crack and smack dealers of a mainly one race of culture

i dont knock the ones with talent its the ones that give it all a bad name
                            please dont judge me by my veiw on boy racers its where i come from that gives my this veiw
                            i know it dont mean that they are all the same i know but most round here are of a bad eliment to our roads

Comment

driving a breakdown truck in sussex,and our biggest contract being the police,ie accidents etc,most cars we pick up are oaps!

Comment

I'm driving around in this at the moment, and find that I get repect and thumbs up from the modified car brigade, makes you feel like a celebrity!
                                No problems with boys wanting to race or tailgating either, it's weird, must be the TRD badge on the back.

Comment

Working...
                                X