Snorkel mod!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
    Oi! I resemble that!!! I'll have you know I will be chopping up some stainless for the job. If I can find some stainless...(I have some brass, I could get that chromed.... )
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
      Oi! I resemble that!!! I'll have you know I will be chopping up some stainless for the job. If I can find some stainless...(I have some brass, I could get that chromed.... )

When you say find, do you mean sit and wait?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        When you say find, do you mean sit and wait?
        I mean drop a hint or two in the right ear...Or stumble upon.
        Confucious say, a peasant must stand on a hill side with his mouth open for a long time, before a roast duck flies into it....
        (It's wheels you have to sit and wait, apparently(hopefully ))
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
          I mean drop a hint or two in the right ear...Or stumble upon.
          Confucious say, a peasant must stand on a hill side with his mouth open for a long time, before a roast duck flies into it....
          (It's wheels you have to sit and wait, apparently(hopefully ))
          Hehehe, good saying!! PMSL, got a lenght of brown soil outside if you want it?
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by chrisinflight
            Hi Phil,
            Well done mate, I`ll agree with you there about saving for mods. we cant make a locker diy now can we! - just saved yourself £250. I`d change the top for a universal snorkel top as water will get in there somehow! Seen them on ebay for the Landy`s for about £20.
            Let me know where you get the lockers from and have you made rocksliders yet?
            cheers,
            chris
            A up Chris long time no speak, hows thing your end? i will take you up on ya offer of coming up one day.
            Might have come up with a solution for the top of the filter, theres a fitment ya can get for a waste pipe called a mushroom, going to try that to day. As for the rocksliders, i've had the steel for some time now but keep forgetting to get the gas bottle re filled. Must do it soon.
            The diff locker will prob be next, look here http://arb.com.au/arb-air-locker-video.php
            I've just got to find out if they will fit on a ltd slip diff. Look good dont they.

Comment

O by the way, Doodlebug had a ARB fitted last week and we went laining to North Wales with CORC. We went up a place called Tom Tom lane, solid slate and wet, it flew up. Amazing!!!

Comment

Personally I think the top is too blingy and I don’t like the angle that it sits back at….

But more of a worry is what the local kids will do to it. There is just too much temptation to have some fun with that cobbled together drainpipe… pour beer or other liquids down it, fill it with empty red bull cans, bottles, fireworks etc. or just simply climb, swing and pull on it for fun. It will be a magnet for the kids and even drunks staggering home from the pub.
                Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
                  Personally I think the top is too blingy and I don’t like the angle that it sits back at….

But more of a worry is what the local kids will do to it. There is just too much temptation to have some fun with that cobbled together drainpipe… pour beer or other liquids down it, fill it with empty red bull cans, bottles, fireworks etc. or just simply climb, swing and pull on it for fun. It will be a magnet for the kids and even drunks staggering home from the pub.

Well....lost the bling, sprayed it mat black to day, blends in now. And as for kids etc, they know better than to lay a hand on anything of mine, automatic legs broke. We dont stand for that kind of thing around here.

Comment

Chicken too blingy! nowt wrong wi a bit of bling
                    i took the ones i made off, not cos of bling tho, they just looked a bit big, think i'll have to go for a couple of safari tops, cant find anything suitable in hardware stores, it just grips me the price of em, for a poxy bit of plastic,
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by POPEYE; 12 October 2007, 17:03.
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
                      Chicken too blingy! nowt wrong wi a bit of bling
                      i took the ones i made off, not cos of bling tho, they just looked a bit big, think i'll have to go for a couple of safari tops, cant find anything suitable in hardware stores, it just grips me the price of em, for a poxy bit of plastic,
                      Know what ya mean Ian, money best spent on other things (toys)

Comment

Originally posted by magnum force
                        I've just got to find out if they will fit on a ltd slip diff. Look good dont they.
                        Dosn't make any difference, you'll throw the LSD carrier away and replace it with the ARB center.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                          Dosn't make any difference, you'll throw the LSD carrier away and replace it with the ARB center.
                          Ah!! nice one Tony, ta mate

Comment

Working...
                          X