ect power button does actually do something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ect power button does actually do something

i drove over to my mates last night about 30 min drive, and decided to use that ect power button.. ive not left it on before. and you really notice the difference with that on. the car selects a gear quicker, and is more responsive to the throttle.
    like, if the button is off, then i would have to press almost to the floor, to make the car change down so that i had some overtaking power. with the button turned on, i can press down 1/3 of the way and it will select a gear so the revs are about 2600, and if i press down some more it selects a gear so that the revs are about 3200 - so right where the power is.

just thought i would share this with everyone

but since derv is like £1 per litre, its probably best i dont use this any more
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

All the ECT button really does is hold the transmission in each gear for a longer period of time. (lowers mpg!)

Comment

bl00dy makes a difference though.
      i was driving down this road where i had some div in front doing 20 and keep braking for no reason, i had the button on and it made overtaking this idiot so much easier and quicker - safer too
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
        i was driving down this road where i had some div in front doing 20 and keep braking for no reason, i had the button on and it made overtaking this idiot so much easier and quicker - safer too
        Well if you are impressed by the improvement to your low powered 2.4 diesel, you ought to see what it does with the V6 petrol…… push in that button and you can beat most new 4x4’s from the lights and a good number of cars as well.
        Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
          Well if you are impressed by the improvement to your low powered 2.4 diesel, you ought to see what it does with the V6 petrol…… push in that button and you can beat most new 4x4’s from the lights and a good number of cars as well.
          i can beat cars already hehe, soon as the turbo comes in its not too slow. but any other time and i might aswell be driving a 1.0 fiesta or something
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

if you o/d off and ect on you can see what your truck will do.
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

stops it changing into last gear dont it?
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                All the ECT button really does is hold the transmission in each gear for a longer period of time. (lowers mpg!)
                it does change the shifting though aswell somehow - less thottle needed to kickdown etc.
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
                  if you o/d off and ect on you can see what your truck will do.
                  There is no need to touch the O/D button… the ETC button disengages the overdrive automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
                    There is no need to touch the O/D button… the ETC button disengages the overdrive automatically.
                    not as far as I know... with ect on and foot down you wont reach top gear until 80ish (on my 2.4 anyway)
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                      I thought that was what the bull bars were for.....
                      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

my bull bars are safely in my bedroom....
                        as much as i would have loved to of done that i couldnt.. may be if she could see over the steering wheel, and take off that muslim ninja dress, she would of been able to see the road properly, and then had more confidence to do the speed limit
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Never noticed any differance in mine....:-(
                          Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
                            Never noticed any differance in mine....:-(
                            bored?

Comment

talk about diggin up old posts

Comment

Working...
                              X