Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattern Aerial Parts

Hey all,

Just a quicky, when the aerials pack up, and need replacing, can pattern parts be brought over the counter at somewhere like Halfords? I get quite bored of radio 2 or 4 but it sure as hell beats listening to her CD's on a long drive.

I did have a quick squint at the previous posts earlier but have a bit of time tomorrow when I could pop out for a replacement part, and strip the wheel arch to fit it and dont really want to have to wait for Toyota to order one in and then wait till I get a little more spare time to fit it.

Cheers

Adam

Not sure if halfords stock much, I guess depends on branch!!!

But www.toyotahilux.com - Roughtrax supply the parts and they can deliever in no time at all mate!

Backed by most members here. Give them a shot. I take it you can only listen to radio 2 an 4 or cds because of the aerial? Its not got a different Japanese band on it has it?

Comment

Fraid not its the frequency range of the built in radio... ony got the surf about a month back, and havent had the time to get stuck in and re-arrange the dash with a better radio.

although a working aerial might help that said it used to go up and down ok, but im not sure smacking it on the hight marker board of the local multistory car park helped DOH

Note to self you no longer drive a saxo and have to be aware of height issues

still at least i still have a water tight roof

I will try halfords in the morning, the problem is i need the car when I am on call, and cant afford to have it in pieces when I am, so I really need to get the job done during the day tomorrow, although if parts are harder to get than 5 mins to halfords I guess it'll have to be another week of 80's hits CD's or womens hour on radio 4! untill i get a little more time off

Comment

You can get a radio band frequency expander thing, If your not planning on changing the radio soon!

Comment

I'll second what Rod said, RoughTrax (www.toyotahilux.com) are excellent, and they also sell the aerial that will replace the original, without you having to pull the wing off:

http://www.toyotahilux.com/?doc=16&cid=392&vid=881

To replace the stereo, you'll need a good couple of hours if you've not done it before - I did mine a while back, replaced stereo and front speakers in 40 mins start to finish....
          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Thanks,

I may well give Rough Trax a call in the morning, do they use royal mail to deliver? Hope not.

I was contemplating the frequency expander, but only as a short term fix until I can afford an LCD screen DVD player or similar

with the replacement aerial, is that inclusive of the drive to wind it up/down? I havent had the wheel arch off yet to have a butchers but I am guessing it is the drive cog that has demolished itself, or do I need to look at replacing a motor for the aerial instead?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by adm_sx
              Thanks,

I may well give Rough Trax a call in the morning, do they use royal mail to deliver? Hope not.

I was contemplating the frequency expander, but only as a short term fix until I can afford an LCD screen DVD player or similar

with the replacement aerial, is that inclusive of the drive to wind it up/down? I havent had the wheel arch off yet to have a butchers but I am guessing it is the drive cog that has demolished itself, or do I need to look at replacing a motor for the aerial instead?

Cheers
              If you can still hear the motor, but no movement from the aerial, try the replacement innerds and see how you get on. They will use CityLink as a courier (I think) and Barry there is a legend!!

Comment

yeah I can still hear the motor, I guess I am going to have to take the aerial off and work out exactly what is bust on it, before I order anything I dont really want to have to shell out £90 for a replacement motor.

if it is just the gearing is it possible to fix or is it all sealed and more hassle than its worth?

Comment

Originally posted by adm_sx
                  yeah I can still hear the motor, I guess I am going to have to take the aerial off and work out exactly what is bust on it, before I order anything I dont really want to have to shell out £90 for a replacement motor.

if it is just the gearing is it possible to fix or is it all sealed and more hassle than its worth?
                  I'd just get a new one - if you need the truck on the road a lot, then don't pull it all to bits - the aerial isn't too much money - the link I sent you should be all you need to get the aerial working if the motor is OK - you may have snapped the metal bit, and the plastic cord and the teeth inside may be OK. You'll need to get the FM expander too to change the frequencies if you're not going to replace the radio just yet...

http://www.toyotahilux.com/?doc=16&cid=482&vid=1005

Mind you - I think you need to take the stereo out to fit this, so you may as well wait to replace it.....

Comment

Thanks for that, I will have a quick peek under the arch tomorrow and see what I can see. I have considered the expander but because you have to strip the dash I havent bothered yet, although it may be the thing to do until i get the funds to change it for something really good, I dont really want the hassle for a cheapish flashier head unit with the same functionality as the existing one. - still it's all a bit academic without a working aerial.

Thanks again

Adam

Comment

i went to toyota direct to get a replacement uppy downy bit because i had repetedly broke mine off. it still made the wirring noise of the motor so i knew that was fine. its easy enough to do the replacement. you only have to unscrew the cap on the top of the wing, and pull it out, then feed in the new one whilst turning the stereo off, so that the motor pulls it in.
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                      X