Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doing me body lift

right gents,

nero 279 has very kindly offerd to help me do my body lift.

it is a 2" inch lift and i cant find the thread that tells you the pitfalls/location of bolts etc.

i can see 6 of them ,i know there are another two in the boot and i can see where they are at the front.i know to loosen all bolts and do drivers side first,just a litlle confused as to what to do with the rad.do i need to let the coolant go or can i get aawy with just undoing it and putting the blocks in. also some say you dont need to amend the holes for the transmission levers and some say you do??
    Non intercooled nothing.

Originally posted by gwh200
    right gents,

it is a 2" inch lift and i cant find the thread that tells you the pitfalls/location of bolts etc.

i can see 6 of them ,i know there are another two in the boot and i can see where they are at the front.i know to loosen all bolts and do drivers side first,just a litlle confused as to what to do with the rad.do i need to let the coolant go or can i get aawy with just undoing it and putting the blocks in. also some say you dont need to amend the holes for the transmission levers and some say you do??

Do the rad last.
    No need to drain coolant, just rmove the shroud before you lift the body then fit drop brackets after.

Re: the transfer lever, see how it is after the lift, you might want to file the opening slightly bigger where the lever touches, you might not.
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 9 October 2007, 11:33.

Comment

loosen the fuel supply pipe, lever holes only need to adjust them if it doesnt go into low4, may not need to. and loosen syteering rack splines, undo rad and support it it should be ok if you watch it.
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

right gents,

Try This http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/bodylift.htm
        Trust your Hound.

Comment

right gents,

on the steering column there is a knuckle joint under the dash which you can get to easy undo that and the ones under the bonnet to allow adjustment on that.Also i have just filed out the hole in the bulkhead a bit as the steering column was being scored up.I got away with leaving the rad in place then adjusting it after but on the 3l you don't have to lower the rad.
          Don't forget the fuel filler hose to slacken off also
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
            on the steering column there is a knuckle joint under the dash which you can get to easy undo that and the ones under the bonnet to allow adjustment on that.Also i have just filed out the hole in the bulkhead a bit as the steering column was being scored up.I got away with leaving the rad in place then adjusting it after but on the 3l you don't have to lower the rad.
            Don't forget the fuel filler hose to slacken off also
            thank you all,
            have pm'd nero 279 with a view to doing it this week(please ian ,please,i know any day except thursday)

Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

thank you all,
              have pm'd nero 279 with a view to doing it this week(please ian ,please,i know any day except thursday)

you want to do it on thursday
              Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Go for it mate, I done my one last Sunday, and I was soooo suprized at how easy it was. We did a lift on my mates Vitara in the morning which took 6 hrs to do, we then did the Surf which took 1 1/2 hrs to do.

Mark.....
                Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

Originally posted by MrE
                  Go for it mate, I done my one last Sunday, and I was soooo suprized at how easy it was. We did a lift on my mates Vitara in the morning which took 6 hrs to do, we then did the Surf which took 1 1/2 hrs to do.

Mark.....
                  along with my recently done 3" inch arb,less suspension lift ,man im gonna be sky high!!!

Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Loosen the handbrake during the lift. You might want to un-bolt the handbrake cable where it comes onto the chasis.

Comment

thank you all once again for a load of invauable info

i have arranged with nero 279 for a friday lift.

will get pics posted

(or possibly ask nero to do it cos i am RUBBISH at trying to put pics on) !!

Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

All the above and unclip the rubber splash things that clip to the inner wing and chassi, not important but i $hit meself when they went "ping" also had to cut out for the transfer lever as in pics, and have WD40 handy
                        Attached Files
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
                          All the above and unclip the rubber splash things that clip to the inner wing and chassi, not important but i $hit meself when they went "ping" also had to cut out for the transfer lever as in pics, and have WD40 handy

Pink transfer case???

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                            Pink transfer case???
                            It's just the way the colour came out in the pic! honestly
                            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
                              thanx mate,help much appreciated

i have ordered new tyres from roughtrax,staying with kuhmo kl71's,just increasing size from 31.10.5.15's to 33.12.5.15's
                              i think my total lift will then be about 6 inches(3 inch suspension,2 inch body and about an inch from the tyres)
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X