Right - My last tyre thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right - My last tyre thread.

Just checked out some M/Ts that im going to get... but question is...

33x12.50 or 33x11.50 , With my wheel spacers fitted my tyres rub a little bit and i think with the extra inches a 33x11.50 would rub the same amount, I think a 33x12.50 would rub a lot more...

BUT its only going to rub in tight situations, Be it parking or some offroading that i plan to do, Wont be many oportunitys for it too actually rub.

So should i go for the larger ones an say "boll*cks to it!!" or go for the smaller ones an play it safe??

Rod - get the larger ones, mainly cos those are the ones you REALLY want, and see what mods you would need to do to arches etc to stop rubbing.....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
      Rod - get the larger ones, mainly cos those are the ones you REALLY want, and see what mods you would need to do to arches etc to stop rubbing.....

Good point... I know deep down i would probably regret getting 33x11.50!!

I know its only an inch... but my truck is my pride an joy

Comment

you can do like i did when i had my 33's fitted on the 10" rims and that was to mod the wheel arches to suit.I trimmed a bit from the plastic/valance and then done like TonyN said and trimmed the mud flaps to stop the rubbing.I seems to of worked ok at the mo.I'll take a couple of pics to show what i did Rod
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
          you can do like i did when i had my 33's fitted on the 10" rims and that was to mod the wheel arches to suit.I trimmed a bit from the plastic/valance and then done like TonyN said and trimmed the mud flaps to stop the rubbing.I seems to of worked ok at the mo.I'll take a couple of pics to show what i did Rod
          that would be great if you could take a few pics Rich!

Im tempted to order a 1" body lift when 4crawler reaccept orders. So that would help!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
            that would be great if you could take a few pics Rich!

Im tempted to order a 1" body lift when 4crawler reaccept orders. So that would help!
            wouldn't it be cheaper from Tony

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
              wouldn't it be cheaper from Tony

Not sure to be honest with you mate!

Ive not asked Tony, Would be interested to know how much he would charge to supply and fit....

Comment

He's got to be worth a try tho mate.Heres a couple of pics.The first is the valance trimmed back a bit and the second is the mudflap belly cut out and the middle bolt left out but mine is still in at the mo.

Comment

Cheers for the pics Rich!! Fingers crossed i should be ok on the front as the Tjm bumper sits a good 3 inches higher then the old stock one.

Im more then happy to cut at the mud flap to get a bit of clearance!

I'll try sending TonyN a PM if his box has a space!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                    Cheers for the pics Rich!! Fingers crossed i should be ok on the front as the Tjm bumper sits a good 3 inches higher then the old stock one.

Im more then happy to cut at the mud flap to get a bit of clearance!

I'll try sending TonyN a PM if his box has a space!
                    i only done my mudflaps yesterday and wasn't really bothered if i buggered them up as i like the truck without them on anyway

Comment

Working...
                    X