Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from bad to worse

chaps
    as some of you may have read i trashed my sidesteps recently when i bottomed out on a verge/kerb. I just noticed some "clanging" from underneath when i went round a roundabout, got home and looked under to see that whatever it is underneath the little protector plate in the middle, is $$$$ing with oil and the plate is completely bent. It looks like the gear box but cant be sure and i still cant find my camera charger to show you. Luckily im off to Germany for 3 months tomorrow so wont need it. Any pointers?
    Kite Surf

Originally posted by surfstar
    chaps
    as some of you may have read i trashed my sidesteps recently when i bottomed out on a verge/kerb. I just noticed some "clanging" from underneath when i went round a roundabout, got home and looked under to see that whatever it is underneath the little protector plate in the middle, is $$$$ing with oil and the plate is completely bent. It looks like the gear box but cant be sure and i still cant find my camera charger to show you. Luckily im off to Germany for 3 months tomorrow so wont need it. Any pointers?
    Sounds like the transfer box bash plate, give it a clean off and see is the box is cracked, (alloy caseing) wont be able to see properly till its clean, then you can see where the oils comeing from,
    seems to be the day for desasters!
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
    X