3rd gen stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MudSurfer
    FOR TONY - What sort of money would I be looking at for that kind of lift and a snorkel for a 3rd gen????
    £'s he dont take that foreign s h i t e $
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
      £'s he dont take that foreign s h i t e $

Damn - I was going to see if I could use Monopoly Money, I've bought five games to get lots of cash together, now it seems I have to use real money.......
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Damn - I was going to see if I could use Monopoly Money, I've bought five games to get lots of cash together, now it seems I have to use real money.......

now if it was was mark you could have mugged errr bartered him with magic beans

Comment

Maybe - but if I can use the L/C springs, I already have two, and +4" shocks on the rear of my 2.4, so could use those if I can plonk the same onto the front - imagine the coolness of a 3rd gen with L/C springs all round.......

Ive just done a 2" OME lift all round and am doing a 2" body lift next weekend. I did one on a 98 Landcruiser Colorado last Saturday and was all finished by 1pm. It was pretty straight forward to do and as they are essentially the same chassis i think the Surf will be just as easy. Will post a writeup and pictures of before and after when its complete so look out for the thread....

Luke
          3rd Gen 4" Lift 33" Goodyear MTR's

Comment

Originally posted by Luke4Runner
            Ive just done a 2" OME lift all round and am doing a 2" body lift next weekend. I did one on a 98 Landcruiser Colorado last Saturday and was all finished by 1pm. It was pretty straight forward to do and as they are essentially the same chassis i think the Surf will be just as easy. Will post a writeup and pictures of before and after when its complete so look out for the thread....

Luke

Cheers Luke, I'll look out for the write up!

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
              now if it was was mark you could have mugged errr bartered him with magic beans
              ah yes the magic beans,just found out they aint magic.you conned me.!!!!!
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                ah yes the magic beans,just found out they aint magic.you conned me.!!!!!
                no way hosay !! thems magic you have to put them under a yaks testy's for forty hours to start the cycle of magic if you didnt follow instructions then you have only yourself to blame

Comment

Before you go mad with your lift with the 3rd gen, have a think about what size tyres you can fit anything bigger than 265/75/16 will start to punish your top end/acceleration/fuel economy.
                  Just lifted the body on my one yesterday 30mm, and I don't think I'll go more than 30mm on the suspension, as it'll start to look odd

Mark.....
                  Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

Originally posted by MrE
                    Before you go mad with your lift with the 3rd gen, have a think about what size tyres you can fit anything bigger than 265/75/16 will start to punish your top end/acceleration/fuel economy.
                    Just lifted the body on my one yesterday 30mm, and I don't think I'll go more than 30mm on the suspension, as it'll start to look odd

Mark.....
                    Cheers Mark - worth bearing in mind!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrE

Mark.....
                      You could do all your lifting with the big wheels and tyres etc, and then re-gear the diffs to compensate.
                      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

You could do all your lifting with the big wheels and tyres etc, and then re-gear the diffs to compensate.
                        You could do, but I think your missing the piont of what the 3rd gen is about. If you want to go the monster truck route or a surf that leans toward off road more than on, stick with the 2nd gen they realy cant be beat!
                        However, if you want a 4x4 that with a few mild alterations wil be great off road and still be fab on road (be able to tow 60mph @ 2000rpm )
                        and be easy to live with........

Mark.....
                        Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

60mm is the biggest suspension lift I can get for a 3rd Gen, then you can fit a body lift to go more. Like others have said, start getting bigger than 33's and you'll lose all the benefits of a 3rd gen, power, mpg, etc unless you regear.

Regearing both axles won't give you much change out of £600-800 on top of everything else.
                          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by MrE
                            You could do, but I think your missing the piont of what the 3rd gen is about. If you want to go the monster truck route or a surf that leans toward off road more than on, stick with the 2nd gen they realy cant be beat!
                            However, if you want a 4x4 that with a few mild alterations wil be great off road and still be fab on road (be able to tow 60mph @ 2000rpm )
                            and be easy to live with........

Mark.....

Aye, that's the thing, Mud likes to offroad, and pushes his surf quite hard, so a 3rd gen may be too.......... ( looking for a word) new, fragile? too good to bash about? you know what I mean.
                            Rob

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                              Aye, that's the thing, Mud likes to offroad, and pushes his surf quite hard, so a 3rd gen may be too.......... ( looking for a word) new, fragile? too good to bash about? you know what I mean.
                              hehe, you're gonna get a kicking from the hairdressers with statments like that!

Rob has wheeled his 3rd Gen harder and more often than 90% of the members here, and for 4-5 years at least. And it was still going strong enough to drive him round Morroco this Summer.
                              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                                hehe, you're gonna get a kicking from the hairdressers with statments like that!

Rob has wheeled his 3rd Gen harder and more often than 90% of the members here, and for 4-5 years at least. And it was still going strong enough to drive him round Morroco this Summer.

Well I've said before that I suffer from "foot-in-mouth" disease, plus of course I only know a little about 2nd gens, and bugger all about 3rd gens.

Just an opinion from my point of view, I wouldn't wheel a £5k motor like I would my old 2nd gen.
                                Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X