3rd gen stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen stuff

Does anyone know if the L/C springs fit the 3rd gen, and if so, do they fit front and rear?? And - do ProComp do +3 or +4" shocks for them???? And the snorkel question....which one do I need???
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Originally posted by MudSurfer
    And the snorkel question....which one do I need???
    If you have the Safari Snorkel fitted it needs to be part number SS146HFE.

It fits really well, & it's even moulded around the aerial.

Comment

Originally posted by lclascaris
      If you have the Safari Snorkel fitted it needs to be part number SS146HFE.

It fits really well, & it's even moulded around the aerial.
      photos needed please!!
      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Does anyone know if the L/C springs fit the 3rd gen, and if so, do they fit front and rear?? And - do ProComp do +3 or +4" shocks for them???? And the snorkel question....which one do I need???
        So does this mean that you are going for the mobile salon??
        My other cars a QUAD
        (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
        http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot
          Of course he is. Lets be realistic here, despite all the jibes, YOU ALL REALLY WANT ONE

Bogus
          Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot

I think so - it needs to be working daily for at least 5 years, with little maintenance, and who knows, within that time, I may even have a family too - so need comfort, offroad capability and a really reliable car....so it may be a 3rd gen - not sure yet, but it's in the balance at the mo, the money is almost the same for a really good low mileage 2nd gen, to a good reasonable mileage 3rd.......

Comment

The 3rd Gen seeems to be cheaper to run overall, As this is a younger model you dont have the Worn parts like the 2nd Gen, Also better fuel Economy as well.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Not to mention the intercooler if you get the right one ........

And have you noticed that there's better options on colour too ?????

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

sv1000spilot told me he was thinking about getting a 3rd gen, he is torn between a late 2nd 3.0 and a 3rd. think we can wind him up a bit when he gets the funds to really consider this!
                  it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

want one

go on all of you . COME OUT OF THE CLOSET LOL . you all want and dream of a 3rd gen admit it lol
                    black n tan
                    black n tan
                    yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

So - re. the springs, does anyone know the best way to lift a 3rd gen? I'd like a 2" body lift and approx 4" suspension lift - so, can I get the L/C springs all round from Milners??

And - what is the right part number for the shocks from ProComp too??

And - what do I need to do to lift it 2", other than fit the spacers, which spacers do I need???

TIA

Comment

So - re. the springs, does anyone know the best way to lift a 3rd gen? I'd like a 2" body lift and approx 4" suspension lift - so, can I get the L/C springs all round from Milners??

And - what is the right part number for the shocks from ProComp too??

And - what do I need to do to lift it 2", other than fit the spacers, which spacers do I need???

TIA

Could you not buy some kind of 4" sus lift from ebay.com ? ? Ive seen the roughcountry ones on there for just over $1000, I know its not cheap, but if your investing Time and money into it....

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                          Could you not buy some kind of 4" sus lift from ebay.com ? ? Ive seen the roughcountry ones on there for just over $1000, I know its not cheap, but if your investing Time and money into it....
                          Maybe - but if I can use the L/C springs, I already have two, and +4" shocks on the rear of my 2.4, so could use those if I can plonk the same onto the front - imagine the coolness of a 3rd gen with L/C springs all round.......

Comment

Maybe - but if I can use the L/C springs, I already have two, and +4" shocks on the rear of my 2.4, so could use those if I can plonk the same onto the front - imagine the coolness of a 3rd gen with L/C springs all round.......

Would be awesome!! They do look good all preped for off road.

I aint sure! So dont hold me to it mate, But i think the front coils on a 3rd gen are noticably smaller then the rears,

Also, ive seen a set of 4 2" blocks on ebay.com cheap!

Dont know about the shocks... they may fit!!

Comment

@ Tony

FOR TONY - What sort of money would I be looking at for that kind of lift and a snorkel for a 3rd gen????

Comment

Working...
                              X