It's driving me up the wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's driving me up the wall

Right the front transmission is comming apart again tomorrow ,,,the squeeling hammer drill is back .
    I have done the wheel bearings

There is no click ......on full lock . but could it be a cv joint ?

Stripping the stub axels out , how do i know if it's bronze bushes ??

Could it be the front diff on the way out as it went for a while after i did the difff oil ? if so can it be striped down or am i looking for a diff ???

If so anyone know where there is a G144 front diff ????

Any idea welcome as i am just geting very angry at the mo .........
    www.daemon4x4.org

cant you get tony or someone to have a look so you know for definite what it is ???
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
      cant you get tony or someone to have a look so you know for definite what it is ???
      That the problem it's so damm intermittant , i don't get it for days then six miles of squeeling hammerdrill . Just driven home from work and nothing .

Oh has anyone a exploded diagram of the front diff
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
        That the problem it's so damm intermittant , i don't get it for days then six miles of squeeling hammerdrill . Just driven home from work and nothing .

Oh has anyone a exploded diagram of the front diff
        taliban !!! sorry mate couldnt resist
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

And i can turn the engine off and coast in n and it still does it .........Does the front diff turn when in 2wd
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Unlikely be the diff if it does it in 2wd, most likely the CV's or bronze bushes. Run it without the hub drive plates to be sure though, this will stop the CV's and diff spider gears going round
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              Unlikely be the diff if it does it in 2wd, most likely the CV's or bronze bushes. Run it without the hub drive plates to be sure though, this will stop the CV's and diff spider gears going round
              Will give it a go ...........What should i look for In the bushes and cv's as there is no evidence of play
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                Will give it a go ...........What should i look for In the bushes and cv's as there is no evidence of play
                Pull the drive shafts, and then cycle the CV's through full movement, feeling for tight spots or notchiness.

The bushes will be dry, scratched up or worn out of round if its them.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Right the only rough sounding noise we can find is the drive shaft extending tube thats between the diff and the drive shaft on the n/s going to start stripping the drive shaft off this side first
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Sounds like the samething I had.

Dry worn out inner bronze bushes, the Outer CV joint had loads of play in it, it was floppy as anything which gave me the heads up to look at the bush.

Knocked out with a socket on an extension bar, pulled the new one back in with a length of studded bar, with washers and another socket.

Milners sold me genuine toyota bushes for IIRC £12 each.

Hope that helps
                    I Love Wales

Comment

Drivers side is apart .......inner and outer bronze bushes are scored

It looks like this seal gave out , rotted the spring ,which inturn buggered up the bushes Whats this seal called????so i can order it from roughtrax

I am hoping this will clean up

Also found what appears to be a noisy bearing in the extending tube from the front diff to the n/s cv joint is this normal ? is there a oil seal in there ? If so is it worth me stripping it down and replacing ???
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Is it either of these?

On the EPC they are defined as:-
                        the top one (43211V) Seal, Oil (For Steering Knuckle RH). Yota P/N 90316-60002 (substitutes - 90316-60004 and 90304-76005)

the bottom one (43511J) Seal, Dust (For Front Axle Hub RH). Yota P/N 90313-93002

i might have looked up the wrong ones, let me know. Same P/No.s for the LHS too.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Right roughtrax have the bronze bushes but do not appear to have anything that matches the seal ........Will have to phone barry on monday me thinks

Thanks nero
                          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
                          X