how protective are you of your surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how protective are you of your surf?

I know we all take it personally when our surf gets unwanted attention... but how far does this extend...?

As some of you know, I am very protective of my family and kids, perhaps overly so... Any unwanted attention, usually generates a substantial amount of rage on my part...

What caught me by surprise, was how much rage, when the MOT tester drove my surf to do the brake test... I wanted to punch him for 'violating' my 'mistress'... ranting it for the smoke test, starting it before the buzzer goes off, etc...

really caught me out... anyone else have similar feelings? or am I being too sensitive...

Reckon you need to chill dude

Those guys have to "thrash" the cars on the emmisions test, although you can't actually trash a diesel, coz they have a rev limiter, and the brake test is done to simulate severe emergency conditions.

I've seen it done to a lot of my motors over the years, I guess I'm used to it by now.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
      I know we all take it personally when our surf gets unwanted attention... but how far does this extend...?

As some of you know, I am very protective of my family and kids, perhaps overly so... Any unwanted attention, usually generates a substantial amount of rage on my part...

What caught me by surprise, was how much rage, when the MOT tester drove my surf to do the brake test... I wanted to punch him for 'violating' my 'mistress'... ranting it for the smoke test, starting it before the buzzer goes off, etc...

really caught me out... anyone else have similar feelings? or am I being too sensitive...
      Yeah Andy @ MOT time I put a Message on the Dash "This is my Truck" please treat it as ya would ya own n don't put it in 4wd on Tarmac !!!
      Thankyou...
      Obviously Tony N is different !!
      Respect for our Marque ouzzes ....

There's always a Payback .... Ya just don't see it Comin !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Cant get too worked up about it myself, sounds to me like you have " issues"
        Its a collection of various bits of metal and plastic, nothing in it that cant be fixed if it gets broke. You need to put it all in perspective. Maybe you need to do the same in other areas of your life, theres nothing wrong in being protective of your family but it sounds to me like you have a tendency to " lose the plot" over trivia. Good thing at least is that you seem to be aware of it, so youre on the right track

Just re- read this and it could be perceived as offensive, but honestly its not meant to be

Bogus
        Сви можемо

Comment

I always make an issue of being there to help (and correct poor behaviour), but the bloke I use knows my trucks special and if he's unsure of an operation he asks. Last year he was away and I had to go elsewhere, the tester tried extreme methods of failing my truck that almost had me taking it off the ramps. It didn't fail but his adviseries were almost comedy.

Going back to how protective, if it's a person testing for safety sake then I let it slide, if it's vidictive or an attack then my truck is protected by extreme violence, as the drunk trouble maker that puched my wing mirror found out. I didn't actually touch him but he sure didn't expect someone to come flying out of their house, and proced to chase him (and his mates) down the road in my truck, slide to a stop in front of him and get out with my trusty mag light (the big one). He informed me he wanted no ******** trouble and ran. Seen him since and he's been nice as pie, strangley before that night there had been alot of cars with their mirrors broken locally, since then none.
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Yup, very protective. About all my cars..

I REALLY hate it when people rev the engine then turn it off in a turbo car...

- or rev the engine hard from cold.
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

You scare me.....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

If I caught the street W***ers that mess with mine n others here I'd string em up, its the only lingo they understand. H

Comment

My trucks my work horse family car and something to get muddy on weekends out. It needs a new bumper cos I was over ambitious and couldn't get over the ditch.

The back bumpers have scratches pulling trees but i'd never want to own anything else at moment.

As for deliberate vandalism well lets just say I have a short fuse and and rather large.
                  www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                    You scare me.....

Tony,

you are different... you understand the 'madness'... that is surf ownership, and treat them with respect...

Comment

Tony,

you are different... you understand the 'madness'... that is surf ownership, and treat them with respect...
                      im sure one of the spammers was selling tranquilisers earlier on !!!

seriously i do understand what you mean.we all manifest our feelings in different ways ,and your method is to wear your heart on your sleeve.some people will just seethe aout some percieved slight ,some will laugh it off,some will with very cold intent ,seek the family off the perpetrator and with the aid off swan vestas matches,ballons and petrol,make it look like an i"accident",and when the perpetratoris at his lowest ebb rip out his heart so he can see how black it is just before he expires....................... .............................. ................sorry was i rambling!!

Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                        im sure one of the spammers was selling tranquilisers earlier on !!!

seriously i do understand what you mean.we all manifest our feelings in different ways ,and your method is to wear your heart on your sleeve.some people will just seethe aout some percieved slight ,some will laugh it off,some will with very cold intent ,seek the family off the perpetrator and with the aid off swan vestas matches,ballons and petrol,make it look like an i"accident",and when the perpetratoris at his lowest ebb rip out his heart so he can see how black it is just before he expires....................... .............................. ................sorry was i rambling!!

Nope just freeking some of us out
                        Seriously though I don't if my truck gets dented and it's my fault, but if some other idiot harms my pride and joy then I would get rather upset. At first I'd go for diplomacy, but if that fails then sod it I carry a nice metal bar behind my seat for such problems. Luckily I've never had to use it, closest so far was I put my hand on ready but the idiot in the BMW realised after the 3rd time that he was wrong and I was right
                        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

i was trying to employ irony, but appear to have failed, jason,just remeber one important thing though!!

we are spending time on a mountain sonn(sounds of axe being sharpened and chainsaw running)!!!

Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

people should treat other peoples possesions with more respect than they would treat thier own stuff.
                            A lad who works for me used my truck the other day lost the fuel cap at the petrol station, i was gutted and had to replace it straight away as it bugged me. High all by the way had my surf for 2 years now had hilux pickup before that, just found you guys
                            www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                              i was trying to employ irony, but appear to have failed, jason,just remeber one important thing though!!

we are spending time on a mountain sonn(sounds of axe being sharpened and chainsaw running)!!!

I got a hatchet
                              Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Working...
                              X