@ tony n.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ tony n.

hi tony,i want to do a body lift on the 1st gen b4 the wkend,ive got two lots of 2" blocks, is there any thing i should be aware of on the 1st gen as too how high i can go,or is it a case of put the 1st lot of blocks in and see if there is room for the second set.???? i see the steering column has a universal joint right at the top by the bulk head so that shouldnt be a problem just wondered about the rest of it.
    www.overfab.uk

Originally posted by surfenstein
    hi tony,i want to do a body lift on the 1st gen b4 the wkend,ive got two lots of 2" blocks, is there any thing i should be aware of on the 1st gen as too how high i can go,or is it a case of put the 1st lot of blocks in and see if there is room for the second set.???? i see the steering column has a universal joint right at the top by the bulk head so that shouldnt be a problem just wondered about the rest of it.

what like shirl getting in
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I've never fancied going that big on body lifts, especially on older rusty trucks. 2" is comfortable, 3" is max I'd recommend if your asking me "Professionally".

But hey, its your truck, try what you want!

You'll need to sort out the fuel filler and breather pipe, steering like you mentioned, it'll probably need the rod lengthening, shifters are going to hit the holes in the floor quite badly.

Also things to keep an eye on are the hand brake cable lines, speedo cable and clutch pipes.

2" blocks and a shackle lift would be better IMHO.

Good luck.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        I've never fancied going that big on body lifts, especially on older rusty trucks. 2" is comfortable, 3" is max I'd recommend if your asking me "Professionally".

But hey, its your truck, try what you want!

You'll need to sort out the fuel filler and breather pipe, steering like you mentioned, it'll probably need the rod lengthening, shifters are going to hit the holes in the floor quite badly.

Also things to keep an eye on are the hand brake cable lines, speedo cable and clutch pipes.

2" blocks and a shackle lift would be better IMHO.

Good luck.
        ok mate,i respect your opinion and will stick with 2" blocks.thanks
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
          ok mate,i respect your opinion and will stick with 2" blocks.thanks
          just tell Shirl not to wear high heals then it'll feel higher when she gets in
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
          X