Disaster strikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disaster strikes

My crankshaft pully for the fan belts is fecked. The outer ring has slipped off the inner ring and worn a big hole in the timing belt cover. Does anyone know where i can get cheap replacements for these as i know Toyota will charge me a fortune. Ihave attached pics. Not sure if the pully thing has been referred to as a harmonic balancer. Help, Please!
    Attached Files
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

pully

Hi Derek,
    l have both parts you are after pm me or email for details.
    Live Life To The Full

Comment

That happened to our 2.4 awhile back, I epoxy'ed it back together.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Crank pulley is easy to fix. You need to bond it back together with Prism 480 Rubber Toughened Cyanoacrylate. This is like superglue on steroids and costs about £20 from RS Components Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Elvz
          Crank pulley is easy to fix. You need to bond it back together with Prism 480 Rubber Toughened Cyanoacrylate. This is like superglue on steroids and costs about £20 from RS Components Ltd
          Del if you need that glue, RS components trade in Ireland under the name of Radionics, try their website at www.radionics.ie, you have to register to search properly but they will deliver, they are on Herberton Road in Kimmage/Crumlin (can never figure out where one ends and the other starts)
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Elvz
            How can you ensure that it will set centrally and not be of centre and wobbly?
            Derek :
            1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
            [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
              How can you ensure that it will set centrally and not be of centre and wobbly?
              Glue it together, then lay it on two parralel bars, press the hub and the pully down and make sure they are level. I did mine across an open vise.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm registered with radionics already so i ordered some stuff today, so i'll give it a go. So Tony,will this 480 stuff fill the gap between the hub and the pully cause some stuff has broken off it on the inside as you can see in the photo?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Delboy; 27 February 2004, 00:03.
                Derek :
                1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

If that gap is less than 1/4 of the width of the hub I'd not worry. Don't know how think the glue is your using, but try sticking it togther, then run some more if the glue into the holes aas it lays on the bench to make sure there is no gap there.

Comment

Cheers Tony. Got the stuff today, its as thin as superglue, but apparently would stick your granny to the ceiling if you wanted to do that sort of thing, so i'll give it a go and see
                    Derek :
                    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Well, i put a good bit of glue around the hub and hammered the bejayzuz out of it until it was almost flush. Couldnt get it to move anymore. Hope it is good enough. Still waiting on a timing belt cover so i cant try it till then.
                      Derek :
                      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

dog bowl

oi delboy get ya dog a new bowl m8 that one looks knackered lol
                        black n tan
                        black n tan
                        yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Originally posted by slydog
                          oi delboy get ya dog a new bowl m8 that one looks knackered lol
                          So is the Dog mate!

Got a new timing belt cover from Toyota for €95 after having no luck finding a second hand one. So gonna put it all back together tonight if it doesnt rain. Really miss my baby. Been drinin the GF's 12 yr old Volvo 440 all for a week now. Great car for overtaking, but not a ptach on my Surf. Hope the pully stuck alright and doesnt wobble. Ah well, here goes!
                          Derek :
                          1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
                            Well, i put a good bit of glue around the hub and hammered the bejayzuz out of it until it was almost flush.
                            Sweet! Good professional techneque that. You ever though of working at kwik fit?

Comment

I applied for a job but they said i was over qualified. Shouldnt have brought my hammer in!
                              Derek :
                              1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Working...
                              X