Recovery hooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovery hooks

Hi all, I need a couple of the OEM recovery hooks that bolt to the underside of the front chassis, and probably the 4 bolts that hold them on, although longer ones.

At the moment my bull/safety bar is (I think) bolted to the place where these would fit, and the bolts only just reach through the brackets into the chassis, and I can't find anywhere locally to get longer ones ( even Toyota don't do them)

So, can anybody help?

Cheers,

Rob
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Originally posted by plumb bob
    Hi all, I need a couple of the OEM recovery hooks that bolt to the underside of the front chassis, and probably the 4 bolts that hold them on, although longer ones.

At the moment my bull/safety bar is (I think) bolted to the place where these would fit, and the bolts only just reach through the brackets into the chassis, and I can't find anywhere locally to get longer ones ( even Toyota don't do them)

So, can anybody help?

Cheers,

Rob
    i ended up drilling straight thru the chasis and getting high tensile bolts for mine
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Aye, thats an option, what size drill bit did you use, and a normal power drill??
      Rob

Comment

i looked into getting a couple of these from toyota. I priced them up with my epc disc but i cant remember the price and ive gone and miss placed the disc now

but i seem to remember them being not as exspensive as you would think from a stealers..but then again...
        Last edited by slim; 30 September 2007, 23:09.
        CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Thanks Slim, I'll try toyota for the hooks, but the bolts may be a different matter, does your EPC tell you what thread they are? so I may be able to get them elsewhere, but didn't have any luck round here when I tried to get longer ones for the bull bars.
          Rob

Comment

I'm sure it's kubota on the orbital park my mate gets odd size bolts and stuff from for his landy, i'll check with him.

The toyota part no.s might be worth a try in your stealer:

51961-35030 = Hook, No. 1 (which is the drivers side one)
            51963-35060 = Stopper, Hook Wire (the 'gate' to stop stuff slipping out of the above)
            51964-35050 = Hook, Transport LH (the pass. side front towing eye)

90101-12134 = Std. Part. (Bolt(s) for hook no. 1)
            91181-81240 = Std. Part (Bolt(s) for transport hook)
            94512-01200 = Std. Part (Washers for transport hook)

The drivers side one doesn't have washers, I guess it's cos of the thin metal part of the Stopper, which acts like a washer??

Not sure if the bolts and washers are sold individually or as packs of 2? On the EPC they have a 2 in brackets after the part no on the diagram, don't know if this means you need 2 of them or they come in packs of 2?
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
              Aye, thats an option, what size drill bit did you use, and a normal power drill??
              Just used a normal drill,but i cant remember the drill bit size tho.Whatever the size was it just fitted in where the original bolt went
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I have these in stock, any good? Black or chrome.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  I have these in stock, any good? Black or chrome.

can you fit those somewhere to the back end tony?
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                    Yeah, I'd be interested to know how easily these could be fitted to the back end too. I find it odd that my 2.4 has 2 recovery holes at the back, but my 3.0 only has the one. I'd prefer two so that I can use a bridle strap.
                    Last edited by Slugsie; 1 October 2007, 13:56.
                    Paul </Slugsie>
                    Immortal.so far!

Comment

had a quick look just now,nowhere obvious(to me anyway)where one (or two) could go,may have to ask tonyn nicely!!
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                        Not with out a bit of heavy duty bracketary, or the ends of the tow bar brackets, but this isn't really recommended for the same reason you're not advised to use the tow hitch to recover people, but most do and its OK.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                        X