error code help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error code help

im losing power now and again . error code 14 flagged up , anyone know what error code 14 is for . cheers.

IGNITION SIGNAL--NO "IGF" SIGNAL TO ECU
    --IGNITER/IGNITER CIRCUIT

--IGNITER AND IGNITION COIL/CIRCUIT

--ECU

anyone care to explain . whats the IGF ???

this is happening after using wvo , also after speeds of 70 mph and above , could the fuel mix be the cause. any help appreciated.
    Last edited by internetsurfer; 29 September 2007, 19:01.

Comment

Code 14 is faulty fuel pump or pump timing problem. Revert back to straight diesel and see if the problem sorts itself out.

I had the red engine check light come on last year when I used veg oil, stopped using it and the red light never came on again.

Comment

thanks vince , from reading the net , my understanding is if an injector misses so many squirts the ecu flags code 14 , seems when i do over 70 for a while it happens - drain tank tomorrow and stick with derv . trucks too good to destroy.

Comment

If there was a lot of fine muck in the veg you may need yet another fuel filter, it's possible that the pump is struggling to pull through the filter.
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

i broke down the other day after 150 miles , took filter off and it was full of $$$$ , i put a new filter on and only done 50 miles broke down again, took filter off and this 1 looks fine , i think its to do with fuel delivery not being quick enough at high speeds , possibly the pump or injectors are full of $$$$ , truck runs fine though when i change the fuel filter and get her going again and limp home. Just hope i aint foobarred something .

Comment

Originally posted by internetsurfer
              i broke down the other day after 150 miles , took filter off and it was full of $$$$ , i put a new filter on and only done 50 miles broke down again, took filter off and this 1 looks fine , i think its to do with fuel delivery not being quick enough at high speeds , possibly the pump or injectors are full of $$$$ , truck runs fine though when i change the fuel filter and get her going again and limp home. Just hope i aint foobarred something .

It should OK as soon as some diesel has gone through the pipes, fill the filter with redex before fitting it.

Comment

i hope you are right - truck ticks over fine and runs its just doing this after bursts of over 3000 rpm . i will the wvo and svo dont want to kill me truck like.

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37090

Nev

Comment

link for aussie site anyone ????

Comment

Originally posted by internetsurfer
                      link for aussie site anyone ????
                      Here you go

Trev
                      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                      X