Car Tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Tax

Does anyone know the laws on cars that have no road tax on them.Yesterday our Polish friends(yea right) had their car taken as it was being used on the roads with no car tax.The police blocked the end of the drive so the woman couldnt get the car onto private property and had a recovery truck waiting to tow the car away.The woman stood there as they were loading her car and trying to get her kids in it to take them to school and arguing with the police.
    Thr police were informed about her using this car which they have only had for a few weeks with no tax and that the 7month baby has no carseat or seat belts on and the other 5 kids are left at home for at least 50 mins while the eldest is taken to school 18m away.

Anyway back to the point.When a car has been taken away for no road tax is it crushed straight away or do the owners have chance to pay the road tax and any other cost to get the car back.
    Can someone please make me the happiest person alive and say that the car is crushed straight away and that they wont get it back
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Careful with this as they may think you GRASSed them up.
    Do they have Insurance & MOT ?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

understand even if she had it on private property they would still do her , it needs to be sorn even on private land ,
      it all depends on your local laws if it gets crushed straight away or you can pay back tax +removal fee
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by marky
        Careful with this as they may think you GRASSed them up.
        Do they have Insurance & MOT ?
        no worries about that as they already know who grassed them up and they were warned if they took the car out on the road then they will have the police called on them.Not by me tho .

Comment

unfortunately they probably will be given the chance to get it back by paying all charges, but i think in the end its up to the dvla
          PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
            understand even if she had it on private property they would still do her , it needs to be sorn even on private land ,
            it all depends on your local laws if it gets crushed straight away or you can pay back tax +removal fee
            this is what we thought but was just hoping that it gets crushed.The next thing will be immigration as they had already bought an illegal into the country at the beginning of the year until we all found out but nothing was said.Once the Polish lot knew that we all knew they had an illegal staying there they shipped him out really quick

Comment

I think its 2-3 days, Then its crushed. A lot of the time the you get charged for tax, removal fee an storage at about £150 a day in some places.

I would bet they end up crushing the car.

Comment

As far as I know, they will be given the chance to pay for the back tax, + a fine of around £40 for not having the tax ( that will double every 14 days untill paid or they are taken to court) and as long as the car is mot'd ad insured ( both of which they need to get the tax) they'll get it back, + the towing and storage fees.

If they pay all that and get the car back, at least they will be aware of how things work in this country, and pay up like the rest of us have to!
                Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

When I had an untaxed car on the road it got impounded. It took me a week or so to get the money to pay the release fee/fines - which came to over £200 - but I don't recall there being a specific timeframe for the car being crushed. It was more a case of for each day the car was impounded, they just slapped on more impound fees, so they are more than happy for it to drag on and on.
                  Paul </Slugsie>
                  Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
                    Does anyone know the laws on cars that have no road tax on them.Yesterday our Polish friends(yea right) had their car taken as it was being used on the roads with no car tax.The police blocked the end of the drive so the woman couldnt get the car onto private property and had a recovery truck waiting to tow the car away.The woman stood there as they were loading her car and trying to get her kids in it to take them to school and arguing with the police.
                    Thr police were informed about her using this car which they have only had for a few weeks with no tax and that the 7month baby has no carseat or seat belts on and the other 5 kids are left at home for at least 50 mins while the eldest is taken to school 18m away.

Anyway back to the point.When a car has been taken away for no road tax is it crushed straight away or do the owners have chance to pay the road tax and any other cost to get the car back.
                    Can someone please make me the happiest person alive and say that the car is crushed straight away and that they wont get it back
                    Not even in this Gordon Brown state would I like to think that the car would be crushed right away.
                    I thought that we fought for freedom and fair play in both the 1914 and 1939 wars and I still believe in "Innocent Till Proven Guilty" (silly me).
                    I do not think you would like your car crushed without you being able to give your side of the story.
                    If every car that was driven on the public road with something amiss. Drivers licence, Road Tax, Insurance, Vegie Oil, Tyres, Seatbelts Mot etc. was CRUSHED, then George Orwels world has arrived and the greatest employer would the crushing plants and I will emigrate as I would not wish to be a British Citizen any more. I am sure that I would not be the only one crossing the water for some fairer country like Russia, Bulgaria or France.

Slightly Sad At The Way The World Is Going. Mike

Comment

Originally posted by muller1
                      Not even in this Gordon Brown state would I like to think that the car would be crushed right away.
                      I thought that we fought for freedom and fair play in both the 1914 and 1939 wars and I still believe in "Innocent Till Proven Guilty" (silly me).
                      I do not think you would like your car crushed without you being able to give your side of the story.
                      If every car that was driven on the public road with something amiss. Drivers licence, Road Tax, Insurance, Vegie Oil, Tyres, Seatbelts Mot etc. was CRUSHED, then George Orwels world has arrived and the greatest employer would the crushing plants and I will emigrate as I would not wish to be a British Citizen any more. I am sure that I would not be the only one crossing the water for some fairer country like Russia, Bulgaria or France.

george orwell has been reincarnated in the form of richard brumstrum head of north wales police
                      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

For those of us born and raised in this country, the rules can be confusing, for those recently arrived, they must be unfathomable.

In their country of origin, they may not have tax,mot and insurance, or they may not be mandatory.

The powers that be should make sure ALL immagrants are given a book of the basic laws to live by ( rather than mobile phones and trips to ikea) so that they are all aware of how the basic system works, and what is expected of them, and some of the scrotes born here could do with the same.
                        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

I am sure that I would not be the only one crossing the water for some fairer country like Russia, Bulgaria or France.

??????? yeah right..... Russia - a beacon of democracy & if you think we're nationalistic try living in france
                          Onwards Binky

Comment

When you get these foreigners come over here and are meant to be top doctors and end up getting the sack from a hospital , (which in my opinion is a hard thing to do) and then get the sack from the police for not having the right paperwork as a police doctor and then goes bringing illegals into the country and then breaks every law going while driving then i'm afraid he deserves everything he gets including having his Merc crushed.He has no consideration for any other road users,he doesn't care about the passengers in his car (especially kids) and the youngest being under a year old sat on his lap as he is driving.
                            It took alot for the person to grass these people up to the police and it wasn't out of spite or anything it was for the safety of the kids thats left at home on they're own for a hour while mother travels to take the eldest to school.The oldest of the kids left at home is only 12 or 13

Comment

Working...
                            X