what do you all do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paff
    Yep, that's what I figured, I don't mind the longs days as long as I'm the one getting the payment
    exactly...and if we get rid of labour then the self employed stand a chance of keeping some of their hard earned money.
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

• Originally posted by logey79
      exactly...and if we get rid of labour then the self employed stand a chance of keeping some of their hard earned money.
      DON'T start me on politics

Must be against the rules of this forum?

Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Comment

DON'T start me on politics

Must be against the rules of this forum?

not here mate....you can b1tch about anything you want!
        i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

• Originally posted by logey79
          not here mate....you can b1tch about anything you want!
          SUPERB !!!

I'll start a list !!!

Comment

SUPERB !!!

I'll start a list !!!

I work on Dinky Little Railway in the big smoke!
            Started with a beast now I have a beauty

Comment

• Originally posted by MudSurfer
              How pi55ed were you when you wrote this?
              Totally soberish
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I'm a Shell Tanker Driver, well now owned by GB Oils (used to be Cory Oil, then Shell Direct) and we are called Emo Oil which gets a big reaction from the kids when they see the tanker and they take pictures of it on their mobiles

I deliver domestic heating fuel, gas oil & derv to farms etc.

I am also a time served light vehicle motor tech - fitter

Have now handed my notice in after being in the fuel trade for 18 years !

There is only so much sh*t you can take as the new owners (see above) have in the last three years made the job sooooooo stressful and don't think you have a home to go to, expecting you to do 12hr days.

So will try being self employed as oil fired boiler tech.

BTW - Have got sell my Surf and am looking for a ex-british gas racked out Combo/Kangoo van.
                to those who dont know what an Emo is:
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_(slang)

i didnt know till then
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

• Originally posted by dieselboy
                  to those who dont know what an Emo is:
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_(slang)

i didnt know till then
                  All the best mate with the gas venture buisiness keep us posted shame about the truck. But when your earning and got neon lights up advertising you will be able to buy a artic poler explorer.
                  www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

• Architectural Technician for property development company....

Until I grow up and decide what I REALLY want to do.
                    ash-ssrg

Comment

• I work for the local council's Roads Department,thats why i've got a 4x4 and drive this during the day!!!! Pot holes,what pot holes!!!

www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

• Originally posted by Highlander1
                        All the best mate with the gas venture buisiness keep us posted shame about the truck. But when your earning and got neon lights up advertising you will be able to buy a artic poler explorer.
                        Thanks for the congrats on the gas venture, but although I'd like an ex-gas van, my venture is Oil fired

Comment

• How close is heating oil to derv? coz it's pretty cheap compared with derv, and yes I know if you get caught they take a dim view, but it would be difficult to tell with a mix of veg oil in there with some derv and some kerosine.

What do ya think?
                          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache
                            Mmm. and thats a Canberra PR9(?) Thats a lovely aeroplane. Proper 'form follows function' design that!
                            Wish they'd fitted afterburners to those Avons! That would have been awesome!

Apache, you are correct, that is a PR9. unfortunately left service last year.. They didn't need afterburners the 2 avon mk206's were enough. I think the airframe would have fallen to bits with reheat. (sorry to the rest of you, I am not really a timothy potter 'airplane spotter' )

Comment

• Originally posted by plumb bob
                              How close is heating oil to derv? coz it's pretty cheap compared with derv, and yes I know if you get caught they take a dim view, but it would be difficult to tell with a mix of veg oil in there with some derv and some kerosine.

What do ya think?

95% of heating oil I deliver is kerosene (Paraffin), so no good for your engine unless you want to strip the oil out of it

The gas oil which is red diesel would run it OK BUT it's a BIG NO NO as even a little to 'get you home' stains the filter, lines, pump etc and can be picked up by VOSA - Big fine !!

And they CAN tell whatever the mix !

Comment

• trying to set up my own business, but the local council are trying to stop me

i intend to run a late night alcohol delivery service (until about 5.30am), obviously carefully to avoid any issues like nuisance or underage drinking e.t.c
                                Grant

Comment

Working...
                                X