No announcement yet.

what do you all do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got myself self-employed, i took 4 weeks off on sick pay then handed in my notice
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

• I'm a Development Consultant.....

I work for various clients (mostly Housing Associations, mostly in London) and either advise them or just go and do a temporary job buying land, commissioning architects, tendering to contractors, managing projects, doing the marketing and dealing with defects. When it gets cold I either go snowboarding or go to Sydney and work for a land developer identifying and analysing new markets, and occasionally pretending to be a civil engineer.

Comment

• welder fabricator first for janspeed eng. ltd. now for B&E erection services. we fabricate buildings, stairs and even rides for the theme parks.
        www.bneerectionservices.co.uk

Comment

• I work on gas turbine engines and have done so for the last 12 years, presently working in Norfolk. Previously i did a 4 year apprenticeship at Rolls Royce in Derby (those were the days!)

Comment

• Originally posted by shirlster
            I left my job in admin at the start of the kids holidays, I am now at college training to be a teaching assistant, bit strange being at college at my age, my kids think im cool, especially as i can get student discount

used my student discount for the first time the other day too (as i'm an apprentice sparky). at 25, you get some funny looks from the shop assistants!!

Martin
            Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

• Originally posted by sumpy00
              I work on gas turbine engines and have done so for the last 12 years, presently working in Norfolk. Previously i did a 4 year apprenticeship at Rolls Royce in Derby (those were the days!)
              Mmm. and thats a Canberra PR9(?) Thats a lovely aeroplane. Proper 'form follows function' design that!
              Wish they'd fitted afterburners to those Avons! That would have been awesome!
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

• Originally posted by MudSurfer
                I work for a global business and IT outsourcing firm, and work with regional teams across the world to
                • set the strategy for how we do business
                • assist our clients through transition from insource to outsource
                • consulting with different business areas to understand our approach to each client
                • work with the team leads in each geographic area to educate them on the business and direction
                • have a team that creates and maintains marketing info on what we do
                • assist in creation of offshore strategy for our clients
                • facilitate all new business requests into Northern, Central and Eastern Europe, Nordics and now Manila
                • participate in global meetings (just got back from one last week) to agree services and products that we will sell, how we sell it and how we deliver and support it
                • have a role in our global 'client excellence' faculty to educate our workforce on providing the best client experience we can - get it right first time, every time

It's a very busy, demanding and varied role, that keeps me away from home, out of the country or just stuck to my desk for up to 20 hrs a day, sometimes starting with calls to Australia, and ending the day with calls to the US, or just getting on a plane, going over the where I'm needed, sorting stuff out and coming back again.

Still, pays OK, and allows me to buy another Surf!
                So basically, you go into companioes wgho dont know better, stiff them for a load of cash, and give them a load of buzzwords?

"Get your ladder against his wall"

"Its a self licking lollipop"

"You have a problem... Hi! I'm the soulution"

Well... more power to your elbow I guess!

Comment

• im an IT dude.. fixes probs and stuff..
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

• LOL. You're an IT dude, causes problems and stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by dieselboy
                      im an IT girl.. fixes men and lesbian stuff..
                      living off the land lol
                      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache
                        LOL. You're an IT dude, causes problems and stuff
                        shhh! you'll get me a bad reference! hehe
                        i hate all those buzz words. thinking outside the box, and the ones you said like 'self licking lollipop'.

people that make them up deserve to be punched. repeatedly.
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

• Originally posted by dieselboy
                          people that make them up deserve to be punched. repeatedly.
                          til death... preferably.

Comment

til death... preferably.
                            im glad we agree.
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

So basically, you go into companioes wgho dont know better, stiff them for a load of cash, and give them a load of buzzwords?

"Get your ladder against his wall"

"Its a self licking lollipop"

"You have a problem... Hi! I'm the soulution"

Well... more power to your elbow I guess!

How pi55ed were you when you wrote this?
                              Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

• self employed carpenter/builder. Built a house in Ireland and hope to move there next year to live in semi-retierment,grow our own veg,get some animals,buy a boat and fish til i die.

Comment

Working...
                                X