X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission question?

Evening all

Hope you had a good week

Regarding transmission if a Surf has been stood a while i.e 12 months do you recommend any maintenance for the transmission or should it be ok?

Or is there any general maintenance recommended anyway??

Dont want it to sieze

I'd certainly give the tyres a good check. Chances are they wont be round anymore if it hasn't moved at all in a year.

As for the rest of it, if it's all been in good shape before it was laid up (ie greased) it should be OK.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry
      Evening all

Hope you had a good week

Regarding transmission if a Surf has been stood a while i.e 12 months do you recommend any maintenance for the transmission or should it be ok?

Or is there any general maintenance recommended anyway??

Dont want it to sieze
      if there is oil etc in there then i would run the truck up to temp and do a complete oil, coolant,filters, diff oils, trans fluid and whatever other fluids change so that way you know everything is new in there.It may pay to change the belts also if its not been run at all for that amount of time.You may also need to get the air con serviced also unless your not bothered by it.All the above i would do if it was my truck
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Laid up surf

I bought a stolen recovered 2.4tdi last .It had been laid up for about 12months and the fuel pump started to leak, quite heavily at times.
        My local diesel recon place tells me that the seals tend to leak at the back of the pump because they can dry out. They recommended a good dose of fuel additive to the first few tanks to obviate this problem.

Comment

Thank u for the advice

Comment

Working...
          X