No announcement yet.

Fogging up!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds to me like a heater matrix problem. If the matrix is damp for what ever reason, when it heats up, the moisture makes the windows steam up. I had the same in my Defender, the matrix box was full of water due to the drain hole being blocked. When you use the cold air, there is a flap that stops the air coming through the matrix and that's why the screen stays clear.

Have a look at the matrix to see if it has a slight weep, check it when cold as the heat will evaporate any leak you have.

Comment

Everything says HEATER MATRIX GONE.

Choice 1 Replace
      Choice 2 Stop using it and freeze
      Choice 3 Blank it off remove it and freeze

Theres plenty of breakers around, Im sure it,ll be a bu**er to replace but I cant see too many realistic choices.

Choices 2 and 3 are ill advised, trust me, I know, many years ago when God was a boy I did exactly that ( choice 3) on an Austin Cambridge. It wasnt long before I was crawling all over S c r a p p y s for a replacement. Theres only so many jackets you can comfortably wear in a car

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Dean K
        Hi all, just need some advice on a small problem that is really annoying

When it gets slightly cold outside or rains the truck windows fog up like you would not belive, I have tried everything to stop it. I have cleaned the hell out of the windscreen with good widow cleaner, and used the old newspaper trick but nothing

It just smears it around, and takes nearly 40mins to clear. Any ideas would be great as it is such a small issue but is making me so mad

I don't have any gas in the aircon, this could help?? Also it makes no odd's if I use cold air or hot to clear, windows down or up it's all the same and I sure have tried.

Dean
        yep dont eat greasy food in your car it put a film over your windows
        use compurter screen cleaner (smells like a fusty dog but works)
        if non of the other remadys dont work
        (check carpet in boot in dry)
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
        X