Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally gone an'done it :-)

Hello ladies & gents,

After much deliberation, looking, too'ing and fro'ing along with plenty of pleading with the better half (having to promise to sell all other modes of transport asap :-() have finally got meself a SURF:-) (happy bunny)

It's a 96 MK3 3.0 Intercooled SSR-G Auto.

Well happy with it compaired with my last 4x4 which was a Frontera 2.4 TD (putting your foot down in that was like wading through porridge).

Everthing seems ok with the motor except it is a bit lazy starting on the really cold mornings, have checked the batteries, both of which were very dry (2 litres of distilled water needed) but haven't a clue as to wether I will need to change 1 or both, if I do is there any particular ampage I need to be getting?

Top site by the way, always nice to know there are some experts around who won't charge an arm and a leg for there advice (have been a regular member and contributer to the Ford Probe owners club for the last three years, this is one that has to go :-( )

Hopefully I will attend some of the offroad meets you organise later this year, would have gone to Knowlesley this Sunday but having to work.

Cya

Rob@bpool

Hi Rob
    Dry batteries can be a sign of just plan old age . Putting new water in them can sometimes finish them off as the plates in the battery have dried out and gone crumbley . When you top up with water they start to fall apart .
    MY advise , buy a good matching pair of batteries . Fit them , forget them . Sealed for life batteries are more pricey but you get the guarentee for min 3 years .
    When I worked for the AA ( the car one) , the Japenese original battery fitted in most cars seemed to last 9 years compared with UK built battery which lasts 3-5 years .

Hope this helps

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Hi Rob! Welcome to the forum and the "surf" world...

Post us some piccies of your baby so we can oggle them...

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X