No announcement yet.

Gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any advantage to using this on standard roads??

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
    Correct. If you shift into 'L' and the shorter lever forward into 'L4' you can take both feet off the pedals and the truck will creep along at tick-over. It's a kind of hill decent mode or rock crawling mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Nellington
      Not really, unless there's a short slope covered in ice or snow.

Comment

Originally posted by Nellington
        yeah.

if you're driving in snow and don't want it to change up... going down hill and wanna keep it in a low gear.
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Quality. No need to worry about it then unless I take her offroad. Cheers matey!!

Not really, unless there's a short slope covered in ice or snow.

Comment

Just out of interest, do any of you use Low 4 as a matter of course when offroading?

It puts the engine into the better part of the power band at lower speeds so would give you an advantage in power and control on very rough terrain at low speed.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
              Just out of interest, do any of you use Low 4 as a matter of course when offroading?

It puts the engine into the better part of the power band at lower speeds so would give you an advantage in power and control on very rough terrain at low speed.

Did you not use it in the 'bomb hole'?

Comment

Got any Sainsbury excursions planned within the next few days??

Originally posted by UDTrev
                I usually end up there around 2:30ish playing hunt the space within trolley shoving distance

Comment

I do, but really only to take the strain off the clutch, withthe auto's the box does a lot of the work for you, look at the difference in manual versus auto when going up the steps on the Stata, I had more trouble keeping revs etc, and I hve in the past smashed a front diff by snatching the clutch on rocky terrain.
                  Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

on a normal lane that was just maybe a bit muddy would use it normally and mostly in 2wd.on a long steep slippy descent ,low is fab just take your feet off the pedals and let it go.same as rock crawling or real sticky stuff,it works a treat(and i can only manage 22mph flat out in low)
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

i tend to use it sometimes just because it's there, other times i stay in 2wd til i get stuck
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

Did you not use it in the 'bomb hole'?
                        No, was too scared!

I find that generally, the 3.0 is torquey enough, but next time I think I'll do it in low-4 for the extra control so I dont end up wheelying out of there like Boyo
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                        X