Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a hilux surf

I want to buy a toyota but dont have much info on them
    i want a diesel as i drive to london from dorset twice a month a round trip of 280 miles i work in london as a window cleaner and wil use the toyota for work.Any recomendations on engine size and specs would be appreciated i want a manual drive, is this the best for economy ? all info wil be welcome i am looking to spend £5000.what can i expect for my money and what should i be wary of.I am mechanichaly minded and have allways worked on my other cars and cabs.Also roof bars will need to be fitted.

cheers

Reedy
    Last edited by reedy; 23 February 2004, 20:53.

Originally posted by reedy
    I want to buy a toyota but dont have much info on them
    i want a diesel as i drive to london from dorset twice a month a round trip of 280 miles i work in london as a window cleaner and wil use the toyota for work.Any recomendations on engine size and specs would be appreciated i want a manual drive, is this the best for economy ? all info wil be welcome i am looking to spend £5000.what can i expect for my money and what should i be wary of.I am mechanichaly minded and have allways worked on my other cars and cabs.Also roof bars will need to be fitted.

cheers

Reedy
    are you looking for a diesel for economy for the long drive??
    maybe a surf wouldn't be for you??
    looking at around 25mpg give or take a bit, some get 30, some get high teens.

manuals are rarer than autos.

you'll get a 2nd gen 2.4 for £5000

look out for one with a replaced cylinder head.

why not get a 2.7td terrano, they've got a taxi engine! (or isn't that what you meant by cabs?)
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
    X