Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• look at what my mate has dropped off

yeah its a 4 x 4

you can see the cab has all the mod cons!

at the end of the day................ it gets dark

DVD, SATNAV & are they RECAROS
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

tried moving it today but realised it has no power steering
      decided to leave it where it was lol

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy
        SHAME
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Bedford TK innit?
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy

Are you sure it hasn't got power steering or is it a case of it has power steering but it don't work ?????

I'm not too hot on trucks but it looks like a Bedford MK (or perhaps an MJ) and from my short time driving the MK in 1979 I recall that they had power steering cos after a couple of days I moved on to AEC ten tonners - and they definitely DIDN'T have power steering !

PS
            TK was a bit smaller but it still had power steering

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

It'll need some work, but it looks like a very useful vehicle, with a variaty of uses on and off road.
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

Are you sure it hasn't got power steering or is it a case of it has power steering but it don't work ?????

I'm not too hot on trucks but it looks like a Bedford MK (or perhaps an MJ) and from my short time driving the MK in 1979 I recall that they had power steering cos after a couple of days I moved on to AEC ten tonners - and they definitely DIDN'T have power steering !

PS
                TK was a bit smaller but it still had power steering

im 100% sure it dont mate and it was never fitted with it either
                my mate bought it direct from the disposal people
                he has been quoted £300 for the gubbins to do it
                it was bought as chassis cab and he fitted the tipping body and hiab

Originally posted by plumb bob
                It'll need some work, but it looks like a very useful vehicle, with a variaty of uses on and off road.
                he uses it every day lol lol
                its taxed and has all the relevant paperwork because he brought it with him so he could produce after he was pulled by the police last week
                i would love to try it off road just to see what it can do
                im moving some topsoil ive dug from my new shed base so its saving me the price of a skip

Comment

Those have not got power steering, unless u have arms like Arnie. And they only have 4 gears. Fastest one i ever drove did 63 MPH flat out. Also, i remember one year we were down at Imber village and it snowed. 2 of us had to drive back to Wellington barracks that night in the snow in one of those. A few of us did off road training in them down Aldershot, it was actually pretty handy in low ratio 4wd. The only downfall is the height of the canopy on the military ones, they have branches tear through them real easy.

Comment

I'm afraid he's right lads, thats a 4 ton MK and you needs arms like garth unless its moving and then still some! they aint bad off road though and that ones still got military tyres, we used to take 'em off road all the time with 2x missile bodies, warheads on and they were all right. I expect you can still see hi-leg boot prints on the bulkhead in front of the passenger seat
                    That ones abit of a shed though but I've seen worse, and driven 'em as well!
                    Get the 8 ton TK if you want power steering but they aint so good off road with military tyres.

Comment

Linda's 72(ish)' Ford D Series horse lorry dosn't have P/S, she can drive it around quite happily and she's a gurl....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        Linda's 72(ish)' Ford D Series horse lorry dosn't have P/S, she can drive it around quite happily and she's a gurl....

im saying nufink!!

also noticed today it has a big round circle in the roof for some reason

Comment

Ah the good old days no power steering, freezing diesel.

We used to use them to pull sicards to clear the runways, one had a canvas tilt and the wee lad driving eventually took it in for repair to the workshops he called on the radio to say the stearing had broken.

The flight Sgt gave him a shovel and told him to fix it himself as he was turning at the end of the runway he didn't lift his brush so was compacting snow into the back like a huge block of ice must have been 10 ton of snow in the back.
                          www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

I used to drive one of those on the farm, for taking grain from the combines, when I was 16. I was only allowed to drive it in the fields. We also had a Commer of similar vintage. Nice to see one still in use.
                            It's only a hobby!

Comment

The Hatch in the roof is for the "Air Sentry". You can (if you wear DPM for a living) also fit a GPMG on it!

We've still got 2 of those at work fitted as mobiles labs and I can confirm that they are an absolute B****r to drive!

Comment

Working...
                              X