Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels

Probably a stupid question but i am thinking of buying a new set of wheels for my truck, now it has the standard ones on at the mo which are 7x16 size i will be buying 8x16 does this mean they will be 1 inch wider and if so will they stick out that extra inch looking a bit more beefy.....how does it work with wheel sizes????

Any help would be grateful before i order a set and get it all wrong.

Cheers
    Mat
    Nut in a Truck

Originally posted by fatmat
    Probably a stupid question but i am thinking of buying a new set of wheels for my truck, now it has the standard ones on at the mo which are 7x16 size i will be buying 8x16 does this mean they will be 1 inch wider and if so will they stick out that extra inch looking a bit more beefy.....how does it work with wheel sizes????

Any help would be grateful before i order a set and get it all wrong.

Cheers
    Mat

It all depends on the wheel off-set.
    Positive off-set means most of the wheel will be under the wheel arch, negative off-set means the wheel will stick further out and have a deep dished look. The standard off-set on Surf alloys is -8. Landcruiser alloys are -20 and can be used on the Surf with no problem.

Comment

Hey thanks for the fast reply that has cleared that up but just to get this right the -20 wheels will stick out 12mm more than the std -8 wheels is that correct even if they are 8 inch wide instead of 7 inch if you understand what i'm trying to say
      Nut in a Truck

Comment

Originally posted by fatmat
        Hey thanks for the fast reply that has cleared that up but just to get this right the -20 wheels will stick out 12mm more than the std -8 wheels is that correct even if they are 8 inch wide instead of 7 inch if you understand what i'm trying to say
        Yes.

Comment

Working...
        X