Insurance Claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance Claim

At the weekend I had an idiot jump on the brakes infront of me while I was towing the trailer. managed to bend nudge bar against bumper and dent bumper. back end of his car is $$$$ed.

Good news is insurance company are cool with it told me to take truck to local mercededs garage for evaluation, the guy there said he was really unsure of getting bits for the truck with it being an import so told him about milners and roughtrax.

he just phoned me saying that he could all the bits from roughtrax apart from the nudge bar as they are on back order and dont know when they will be in but checked with insurance company and if I was happy with it they will put on a a full wrap around nudge bar instead but it would have to be black. so I am super hapy now

this is what they are fitting http://www.toyotahilux.com/?doc=16&cid=216&vid=47
    www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Originally posted by ABE
    At the weekend I had an idiot jump on the brakes infront of me while I was towing the trailer. managed to bend nudge bar against bumper and dent bumper. back end of his car is $$$$ed.

Good news is insurance company are cool with it told me to take truck to local mercededs garage for evaluation, the guy there said he was really unsure of getting bits for the truck with it being an import so told him about milners and roughtrax.

he just phoned me saying that he could all the bits from roughtrax apart from the nudge bar as they are on back order and dont know when they will be in but checked with insurance company and if I was happy with it they will put on a a full wrap around nudge bar instead but it would have to be black. so I am super hapy now

this is what they are fitting http://www.toyotahilux.com/?doc=16&cid=216&vid=47

When are people going to realise that owning an import doesn't mean that the parts are made on Mars??? It's the same truck as a 4Runner (virtually) and if this guy called Toyota parts, would find out that you can get anything for a Surf, as long as it has a Toyota part number??

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
      When are people going to realise that owning an import doesn't mean that the parts are made on Mars??? It's the same truck as a 4Runner (virtually) and if this guy called Toyota parts, would find out that you can get anything for a Surf, as long as it has a Toyota part number??
      unless its discontinued like the bits I needed the other day! but generally yeah its all good.
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

When i hit a deer i told insurance about milners and roughtrax, wish i had not cos they might of wrote it off, let me by it back and just think of the mods you can do with the value of truck, and all you have to do is re mot it.
        Working at last.......

Comment

Working...
        X