No announcement yet.

15mm pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorted, after mocking up a coil with compression elbows it was clear it was going to to bulky to get in there, so called in the electro platers i used last time and he's nickel plateing the copper one for me, left it at 1.00pm and he's just called to say its ready, £5 top bloke!!!
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
      Thanks Tony, i did'nt know about the flux/solder for s/s that will do for the jacket, as for replaceing the bit i already made i remembered i have a short lenght of chrome plated copper pipe (left over from the bathroom) if i get a bag of 15mm brass comp elbows i should be able to remake it with that, may have to buy another lenght of plated pipe tho, long as i dont use the bender on it and break the chrome,
      just wondering if that flux is the same stuff we used to use on "truweld" tube?
      it was a cheap replacement for copper years ago, dureing the shortage, it was steel pipe with a silver (dont know what it was) coating, you could solder it to fittings etc, $hite stuff, thats where i first heard (electrolitic action) a metalic furr had blocked a c/h flow where this truweld and been soldered to copper,
      yep that was the stuff, it worked because it was sooooo damn agressive and acidic and did give problems you described if not washed off after soldering, does that mean you used to work for servowarm (servotomic ltd)?? they were the biggest users of truweld -
      Mild steel with a stainless plate I was once told
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
        yep that was the stuff, it worked because it was sooooo damn agressive and acidic and did give problems you described if not washed off after soldering, does that mean you used to work for servowarm (servotomic ltd)?? they were the biggest users of truweld -
        Mild steel with a stainless plate I was once told
        No i was self employed, i only used it once (that was enough for me) terrible stuff, a mate of mine worked for em tho, did his plumbing/heating throry while he was in borstal then went to work with his dad in law who worked for em, some of the stunts they got up to would put you off plumbers for life, they say never drink from the hot tap

PS, forgot! is that flux still available? or similar,
        Last edited by POPEYE; 19 September 2007, 17:47.

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
          No i was self employed, i only used it once (that was enough for me) terrible stuff, a mate of mine worked for em tho, did his plumbing/heating throry while he was in borstal then went to work with his dad in law who worked for em, some of the stunts they got up to would put you off plumbers for life, they say never drink from the hot tap

PS, forgot! is that flux still available? or similar,
          what was it you wanted to solder?
          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
          Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
            what was it you wanted to solder?
            Stainless steel tube to copper, or at a push i can use alloy tube, in which case i can use that low heat alloy weld rods i sent away for,

Comment

Working...
            X