Fuel tank filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel tank filters

Hi all last time i tried used recycled oil i had to take off my tank and clean it out as it wasnt sucking up oil to the fuel filter. The pipe that feeds the fuel filter has a little filter thing on the end of it(in the fuel tank itself). This was clogged up and is not easy to get to. Anyone else had this problem?
    Last edited by Donk_UK; 18 September 2007, 08:47.

did your filter the oil first? i have a 20 micron and 1 micron filter. i think the fitter filter, filters down to 5 micron. Are you using waste oil that has only been used for chips as animal fats are not good!
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Its the oil they throw out from work its had all sorts of stuff cooked in it. I ran it through a pair of tights first but I didnt skim the oil so I presume all the wet gloopy $$$$ went in too Lesson learnt) took all day to take off clean and put back together, the filler goose neck shield bit is a right ass to take orf! Ran my batteries out too so I dont know if I have successfully cleared it yet. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Good luck. leave it to settle first and the good oil sits on top. it is best to use only animal fat free oil. do a search on here and on google and there is loads of info about the best way to run veg that is cheap and good for your truck! dont want the 'cheap' fuel to cost you your modding cash!
        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Working...
        X