Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quick suggestion(s)

You have two problems - lighting and recording

Lighting - someone suggested a PIR lamp the type that switches on when it detects body heat, you can buy the £30.00 that when the lamp comes on a small plug unit chimes, so you plug the chime unit in your bedroom etc and if the lamp comes on the units chime should wake you. there is no additional wiring for the chime the signalling is done over your house mains wiring

Recording - even a VHS recorder on LP will only give 6 hours ??-- there are cheapish camcorders (try ebay second hand) that will sit on a standby mode and only start recording if there is a dramatic change in the scene (picture) . thus the camcorder will sit there on not recording until scumbag approaches then as the scene changes quite quickly it will start recording, small changes in picture or slow changes (sunrise etc) will not set them off...I'll try to look up one of these beasties...

Last edited by Vultch; 17 September 2007, 21:23.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by pops
      i have a problem with a night time vandal
      so i wanna set up a cheap, easy to set up CCTV on my truck, as so far its cost me a new aerial several flat tyres even more punctures and i am now getting just a tad $$$$ed off losing sleep with one eye out the bedroom curtains

please any one got any experiance with cctv and where to get a small system i can set up in the bedroom window to watch over my truck
      so i can find out WHO is doing this then maybe get some JUSTICE
      Gupster, a member on here and also HPOC has a business doing exactly that...im sure he will be able to help you one way or another..

drop him a mail info@hpoc.co.uk

cheers

Sparkz
      sparkz
      http://www.elite4x4.co.uk/

Comment

Dunno if it's too late now but you can get an IR camera and an IR projector (in other words an IR spotlight) that has a 25m range off eBay. Oh, and the camera comes complete with software so you can connect it to, and record on, your PC.

If you need details, let me know and I'll ask my mate for the eBay seller he bought his setup from. It was ridiculously cheap, too.

Comment

Originally posted by MadcapMagician
          Dunno if it's too late now but you can get an IR camera and an IR projector (in other words an IR spotlight) that has a 25m range off eBay. Oh, and the camera comes complete with software so you can connect it to, and record on, your PC.

If you need details, let me know and I'll ask my mate for the eBay seller he bought his setup from. It was ridiculously cheap, too.
          yes please
          details be good thanks
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

Still having problems chap
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

i have a problem with a night time vandal
              so i wanna set up a cheap, easy to set up CCTV on my truck, as so far its cost me a new aerial several flat tyres even more punctures and i am now getting just a tad $$$$ed off losing sleep with one eye out the bedroom curtains

please any one got any experiance with cctv and where to get a small system i can set up in the bedroom window to watch over my truck
              so i can find out WHO is doing this then maybe get some JUSTICE
              hope you catch him then take his furkin fingers off
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by MadcapMagician

yes i'll have a dabble at one of those, so if you wouldn't mind putting a link or web address up, it'd be much apreciated.

incidently a 240 tape on lp records for eight hours and the 180 for 6,

Comment

yes please
                  details be good thanks
                  He said to just type in "IR LED" and then take your pick.

He has this one: clickety-click

For cameras, just look up anything with "IR" or "infrared" in it. Although most of the cameras have IR LEDs in them, the projector will give the added range at night, like a spotlight.

Delivery took about 1 or 2 weeks.

I was wrong about the software; he bought a PCI card and the software came with it.

This is the one he bought: clickety-click
                  Last edited by MadcapMagician; 17 October 2007, 20:21.

Comment

thanx, i'm going to get one and strap it under the camera.

Comment

Working...
                    X