European Run to the Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nero279
    Definately interested, but can't commit until i've got a job and some money coming in.

Seriously guys it'll be worth getting in touch with a couple of the kent clubs even if they are LR based, i know some of them do regular trips to france. Also wasn't the guy from whitstable on here, (pale blue 3rd gen, can't remember the name) wasn't he involved with offroad club europe or something??

Yes, now you come to mention it, he does a lot of french trips, so he'll be the man to talk to, he may even want to come along.

Just got to find that thread.

It may be worth taking some advice, as I don't know what the french road system allows you to do, probably anything you like if the rest of the country is anything to go by, but there are those who dislike the British, and may call the gendames if they see a load of uk vehicles driving across fields, .....just a thought.
    Last edited by plumb bob; 17 September 2007, 00:11.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Bumping for Mr.E , speak of the devil, he's just logged on
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

If I remeber correctly the Freanch Normally go on holiday on the last day of June for 2 weeks.

May cause some discomfort with all the additional traffic if we are trying to get back to a ferry.

My 2 cents I'd prefer Ireland my self (lessdriving for me) or Holland or Scandanavia.
        There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsy
          I was going to take the p!ss but cant bring me self to be so cruel.
          I CAN !!!! dont forget the puncture repair kit
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
            So, last week of june for the trip, and I reckon late april/early may for the weekend reccy.

That gives me about 7 months to get the money together to;fuel pump fixed, body lift, suspension lift, rock sliders, tow bar, recovery gear etc

It's gonna be tight.

edit;

Oh, and all the spares that may be needed on a run of a thousand miles or so.

*WARNING I COULD BE WRONG* but... In theory, A body an suspension lift Shouldn't cost a huge amount, If your current shocks are good then you dont NEED to change them, So suspension lift based on coil spacers = £60. An body lift = £85. So its not a crazy amount of money for a 4" lift.

The real sod is when you wanna get 33's! Machos are cheap... anything else is annoyingly expensive

Comment

We went down to the Loire at Whitsun last year - it was great cos all the French kids were at school !

No idea about offroading over there though

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
              X