Removing Wasp Nests???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Wasp Nests???

What is the best way to remove a wasp nest (other than carefully) as there is one outside my house, and last night, when I got into bed there was a cheeky little wasp hiding in the duvet, and it stung me on the chest.....ouch!

So - I'd like to kill all of them in retribution for this savage attack, when I was sleepy and climbing under the covers.....they must all DIE!!!!

So - how do I do it????
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

a mug of petrol an piece of flaming paper!

Burn the b*ggers!!

does being stung still hurt as much as i can remember

Comment

Nasty, I got one too, just outside my living room window, they've got in behind the facia board.

I did think about filling the hole with expanding foam, but as they're sitting above my gyproc cieling (between floors) I thought they may end up eating through the plaster board and getting inside.................which would be a VERY bad thing!

I contacted the council, as they used to deal, but not any more.

They said I would have to hire a private contractor.

Or I could just attack them James Bond stylee, with a cigar and a tin of hairspray..................dam n, I got a 2nd gen,...........any 3rd genners out there lend me a tin of silverkrin??
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Smother your self in jam,let them all chase you down the road. When their all flyin after you get someone to take a baseball bat to their house.
        www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Originally posted by smiffy
          Smother your self in jam,let them all chase you down the road. When their all flyin after you get someone to take a baseball bat to their house.
          There are elements of genius in that plan, underlined with bits of utter madness......anyone got a bat....and some jam?????

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
            a mug of petrol an piece of flaming paper!

Burn the b*ggers!!

does being stung still hurt as much as i can remember

Yeah! It felt like a pin prick, then just kept hurting, so I squeezed the venom out with the back of a knife, and it just sort of itches a bit now.....

Rob - I thought about expanding foam, that would be so funny - I could see it now......all those little yellow and black bodies stuck to an ever expanding chunk of foam........

Comment

Better to cover a local hoodie in jam as they can run faster, and are used to being chased by an angry mob!
              Rob

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
                Yeah! It felt like a pin prick, then just kept hurting, so I squeezed the venom out with the back of a knife, and it just sort of itches a bit now.....

Rob - I thought about expanding foam, that would be so funny - I could see it now......all those little yellow and black bodies stuck to an ever expanding chunk of foam........
                He, he, yeah 'till it bursts through your cieling, followed by 12000 angry wasps
                Rob

Comment

I inadvertandly disturbed a wasp nest last week on a job i was doing.....It all started when i tried taking the top of my finger off by sliding a tower section into position ready for winching up....yep claret everywhere.....luckily it only split my nail but a kind young Kiwi lass gave me the kiss of life with a plaster...As the day went on we were prepairing to guy the mast up and i trod a bit too close to the nest without seeing it...The little feckers were in a hole in the ground. Next thing i know i got stung through the plaster and with a few choice expletive`s i got another on the belly. Thats when i saw the swarm forming..... I thought a few more choice words and i was off thinking wher the feck do i go....I was heading for the swimming pool thinking how long can i hold my breath....luckily for me they didnt follow. but the stinger was still in my finger when i eventually gave up with the throbbing in the finger and pulled the plaster off to see the damage.By this time i could not bend my finger because of the swelling and i sill had to climb the mast to attach guy ropes to stop it falling over.... I have still got to go back and get my revenge cod the owner of the tower winched it up past the over lap and snapped the cable....2hours later we got the 2ton tower down to a safe height.....The best bit is this guy has money and so many yes people jumping around him he is sulking at the moment cos we have said he has to wait for us to get the materials and tools to put right the damage he has caused.....minimum of 3 week wait for him. He doesnt realise that this episode could of killed him and the tower does not take prisoners....the tower was at 80ft and what a bang it would of made sliding down on itself....mine dropped 12ft and i knew what colour adrenalin was so you could imagine what 80ft would do. He did ask at one point if we could luff the tower over whilst it was still at full height....What a numpty he sulked again when we refused to wreck the tower s it does not have Gin poles to prevent it from buckling in those extremes

I know it doesnt help your wasp situation Andy but i hate the little feckrs too
                  Last edited by mark g8awo; 16 September 2007, 10:54.
                  Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Don't you just love thick, rich people "Why can't I have it now????"

Cut finger, knackered nail and wasp sting - that's not nice Mark.....mind you, what did the Kiwi nurse look like???????

Comment

Don't you just love thick, rich people "Why can't I have it now????"

Cut finger, knackered nail and wasp sting - that's not nice Mark.....mind you, what did the Kiwi nurse look like???????

Well there would not be many cups of tea asked for when in bed
                      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo
                        Well there would not be many cups of tea asked for when in bed

Comment

Would smoke work, like the bee keepers use to control honey bees??

I have some smoke pellets ( used to test the pull on flues) theyare small, but a few of those may work, or may just annoy them.
                          Rob

Comment

What is the best way to remove a wasp nest (other than carefully) as there is one outside my house, and last night, when I got into bed there was a cheeky little wasp hiding in the duvet, and it stung me on the chest.....ouch!

So - I'd like to kill all of them in retribution for this savage attack, when I was sleepy and climbing under the covers.....they must all DIE!!!!

So - how do I do it????
                            your local council will have list of vermin wasps and alike disposal guys
                            not free tho
                            failing that yellow pages got pest control PEEPS in good luck hate them little stripy suckers
                            Enjoying Life after Cancer
                            Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                              your local council will have list of vermin wasps and alike disposal guys
                              not free tho
                              failing that yellow pages got pest control PEEPS in good luck hate them little stripy suckers

Will be calling the council in the morning to get them sorted...

Comment

Working...
                              X