No announcement yet.

Removing Wasp Nests???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why dont you invite them in and over a few bottles of bubbly come to some sort of arrangement ,like they can have the duvet every other nite,then whilst you luring them into a false sense of security,stamp on the feckers that should take the sting out of their tails.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

If you want to do it yourself depending were it is you can purchase stuff to spray in the nest if not ring council but there will be a charge for this, this is not done free any more. If you want any more info then give us a shout and i will get geoff to ring his mate in the pest control side off the council and ask him what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsy
        If you want to do it yourself depending were it is you can purchase stuff to spray in the nest if not ring council but there will be a charge for this, this is not done free any more. If you want any more info then give us a shout and i will get geoff to ring his mate in the pest control side off the council and ask him what to do.

Cheers Mitsy - appreciate it!

I'm going to call the council in the morning, and try and get them here in the next couple of days.
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
          What is the best way to remove a wasp nest (other than carefully) as there is one outside my house, and last night, when I got into bed there was a cheeky little wasp hiding in the duvet, and it stung me on the chest.....ouch!

So - I'd like to kill all of them in retribution for this savage attack, when I was sleepy and climbing under the covers.....they must all DIE!!!!

So - how do I do it????
          Go down to your local garden centre and buy some Derris dust. Find the entrance to the nest dust the derris(dont skimp) in the entrance this is then carried into the nest and will kill them off you may need need to repeat this operation depending on how many wasps there are. When they are all dead remove the nest and dispose of it how you wish. The Derris dust isnt expensive.
          Trust your Hound.

Comment

he he, thought i said that girl
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
              he he, thought i said that girl
              Oops sorry never read it dude.

Comment

Oops sorry never read it dude.
                no need to be sorry i just being faceious as i having hard time just now

see my avitar and please dont Ask
                Enjoying Life after Cancer
                Pops

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                  Would smoke work, like the bee keepers use to control honey bees??
                  Far as I know, smoke either repels or calms most flying insects.

Comment

Surely, all you need it a pointy stick. And you poke at teh nest repeatedly?
                    There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

Originally posted by onlynik
                      Surely, all you need it a pointy stick. And you poke at teh nest repeatedly?
                      THEN RUN!
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                        no need to be sorry i just being faceious as i having hard time just now

see my avitar and please dont Ask
                        Sorry is like that bad at the moment with the ladies , maybe you should talk to mudsurfer he seems to be having a hard time as well.
                        Come on tell us all about it you now it wont go any further.

Comment

Sorry is like that bad at the moment with the ladies , maybe you should talk to mudsurfer he seems to be having a hard time as well.
                          Come on tell us all about it you now it wont go any further.

Ohhhhh what i'd give to be having a hard time from a woman!! Thats better then being alone! *echo echo echo*

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                            Ohhhhh what i'd give to be having a hard time from a woman!! Thats better then being alone! *echo echo echo*
                            this ain't one of your sexual fantasies again is it Rod...
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
                              this ain't one of your sexual fantasies again is it Rod...

Ahh you saw right though me mate!!

Comment

Sorry to hijack post, but the firum won't let me submit new thread, anyone else got this prob, ??
                                Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
                                X