Why Did This Happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nero279
    It's a built in sensor on the 3.0l, it's half way to a 3rd gen so they installed a water sensor for dippy blonde hairdressers, so when following the satnav and it directs you through a ford it keeps the revs up so as not to suck water back up the exhaust.
    this was on my 2.4
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

It's a built in sensor on the 3.0l, it's half way to a 3rd gen so they installed a water sensor for dippy blonde hairdressers, so when following the satnav and it directs you through a ford it keeps the revs up so as not to suck water back up the exhaust.
      Aha! Seems the most plausible reply to date. Thing is I was only hosing the back end of the truck around the diff area, is the sensor located around that area? You'd think the same would happen in very heavy rain though? If the sensor detected a large amount of water (spray) it would up the revs to compensate.
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
        Aha! Seems the most plausible reply to date. Thing is I was only hosing the back end of the truck around the diff area, is the sensor located around that area? You'd think the same would happen in very heavy rain though? If the sensor detected a large amount of water (spray) it would up the revs to compensate.
        It's above the rear axle, with an arm from the axle to the body. They'll try and tell you it's something to do with the brakes

we all know it's called an LSV, but what does LSV really stand for? witty answers on a postcard......

I'll start with

Lake Sensing Valve
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

It's above the rear axle, with an arm from the axle to the body. They'll try and tell you it's something to do with the brakes

we all know it's called an LSV, but what does LSV really stand for? witty answers on a postcard......

I'll start with

Lake Sensing Valve
          Look (it's) Soaking Vivian

Warning for 3rd gen hairdresser types!
          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

I'll start with

Lake Sensing Valve

hmmmm. not convinced about the LSV. from my research it suggests this: "The front brakes comprise of vented discs while self-adjusting drums with load sensing valve (LSV) system that distributes brake pressure to the front and rear depending on the weight load"
            Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Working...
            X