Another fault with squeaky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another fault with squeaky

Well today squeaky started showing some new an interesting behaviour. When idling the revs alternate between 1500 and 2000, makes it sound like I'm revving it up for fun. On a plus side it had cured the problem of cutting out while idling so it's not all bad. The dashboard still lights up like an xmas tree now and then too. Only 3 and half months to the MOT
    Hold my beer and watch this

Originally posted by captain_chaos
    Well today squeaky started showing some new an interesting behaviour. When idling the revs alternate between 1500 and 2000, makes it sound like I'm revving it up for fun. On a plus side it had cured the problem of cutting out while idling so it's not all bad. The dashboard still lights up like an xmas tree now and then too. Only 3 and half months to the MOT
    get the idea jason,that squeaky is agetting jealous of the surf,and wants to go offroading,perhaps just before the mot runs out,you can ask squeaky,

a.do you want a new mot,(sounds dear)
    b. do you want to go off roading and then die!!!

Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

spray wd-40 or something around the inlet manifold area while the engine is running, (it is a petrol isnt it?)
      spray all around where there are joins to see if air is leaking in as its sucking for air. could be that may be.
      or may be its a hot rod and you didnt know?! may be its bumblebee!!
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

after what you told us about squeaky last w/end take it to some waste land and burn the thing
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
          spray wd-40 or something around the inlet manifold area while the engine is running, (it is a petrol isnt it?)
          spray all around where there are joins to see if air is leaking in as its sucking for air. could be that may be.
          or may be its a hot rod and you didnt know?! may be its bumblebee!!
          Or maybe after 126000 miles it's just knackered. I guess it's worth price of a can of WD40 to have a go at fixing it. I'm putting it in for MOT just to see what it fails on. Can't be worse than a Meastro I once owned, was told the vehicle would be impounded due to the amount wrong with it. If it's an beyond repair failure then there'll be anteresting off road event happening.

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos
            Or maybe after 126000 miles it's just knackered. I guess it's worth price of a can of WD40 to have a go at fixing it. I'm putting it in for MOT just to see what it fails on. Can't be worse than a Meastro I once owned, was told the vehicle would be impounded due to the amount wrong with it. If it's an beyond repair failure then there'll be anteresting off road event happening.
            mate there are so many cheap cars out there,

as one example of many,my brother in law just picked up an n reg seat ,
            a mondeo estate and a fiesta for 350 quid.the fiesta is beyond economic repair but has a 12000 mile lump in it,the n reg seat sold about 2 days later for the initial 350 he paid for all three,and the mondeo estate,whilst a bit tatty has 10 months tax and mot and id now his daily drive,
            so give squaky a proper send off!!!
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
              mate there are so many cheap cars out there,

as one example of many,my brother in law just picked up an n reg seat ,
              a mondeo estate and a fiesta for 350 quid.the fiesta is beyond economic repair but has a 12000 mile lump in it,the n reg seat sold about 2 days later for the initial 350 he paid for all three,and the mondeo estate,whilst a bit tatty has 10 months tax and mot and id now his daily drive,
              so give squaky a proper send off!!!
              I bought squeaky at the start of July for £150, it came with tax and MOT to January and numerous squeaks. So think I got a good deal really. It's a great daily driver, when it's in the mood. The crunch point will be the MOT, if it's worth the cash then it'll get the work done. If not it's getting s$$$$ped and I'll buy some other piece of junk

Comment

You should have titled this thread as 'Another squeak with faulty'

It's a Peugeot, what do you expect?

Comment

Best thing to do is take it to a field and invite everyone with a 4x4 along… charge them a fiver each and let everyone drive over the car and see how much it squeaks then

You will have fun and may get enough fivers to buy another cheap runabout
                  Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    You should have titled this thread as 'Another squeak with faulty'

It's a Peugeot, what do you expect?
                    There are no new squeaks with this fault

Comment

Working...
                    X