Does Fix come to mind ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Fix come to mind ?

Talk about being ducked by derrari oops did I spell it wrongly ?

somehow I have the feeling 'F' for fix, ferrari etc comes to mind - they find they ain't winning appear to resort to dirty tricks
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Right, this is bollicks...if they (mclaren) have to prove they have no ponsy italian technology in their cars for next season, then that would surely mean that they KNOW for a fact that right now the mclaren cars ARE ALREADY using ferrari technology, in which case Hamilton and Alonso should lose their points.

But they've not done this so obviously there's no real proof they done anything wrong....it's all c r a p.
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

From auto sport

McLaren lose 2007 points, fined $100m

By Steve Cooper and Jonathan Noble Thursday, September 13th 2007, 18:06 GMT

McLaren-Mercedes have lost their constructors' championship points for the 2007 season and will pay a record fine of $100 million USD, the FIA World Motor Sport Council decided today.

McLaren have not commented on the decision and said they will hold a press conference later this evening.

After a day-long hearing at the Paris headquarters of the governing body, the WMSC has decided to penalise the Woking-based outfit for breach of the sporting regulation due to their part in the spying affair against Ferrari.

The council ruled that McLaren will be excluded from the 2007 constructors' championship points standing, but the drivers retain their points scored so far and will not be affected in the drivers' championship.

Furthermore, McLaren have been awarded a fine of $100 million USD - by far the largest fine ever imposed in motor racing.

Additionally, the WMSC said they will analyse the McLaren-Mercedes car entered to the 2008 world championship later this year to decide what sanctions, if any, should be applied on the team in next year's championship.

Asked if justice had been done, the president of the FIA Max Mosley said "Yes".

The full statement by the FIA

In an extraordinary meeting of the World Motor Sport Council was held in Paris on the 12th of September 2007, The following decision was taken:

"The WMSC has stripped Vodafone McLaren Mercedes of all constructors' points in the 2007 FIA Formula One World Championshiop an the team can score no point for the remainder of the season *.

"Furthermore, the team will pay a fine equal to 100 million dollar, less the FOM income lost as a result of the points deduction.

"However, due to the exceptional circumstances in which the FIA gave the team's drivers an immunity in return for providing evidence, there is no penalty in regards to drivers' points **.

"The WMSC will receive a full technical report on the 2008 McLaren car and will take a decision at its December 2007 meeting as to what sanction, if any, will be imposed on the team for the 2008 season."

The full reasons for this decision will be issued on the 14th September 2007.

* Points gained by other teams so far this season will not be affected.

** No McLaren representative will be allowed on the podium should a McLaren driver win in any of the remaining races of the 2007 season.

Bummer
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I agree with trev another f******* fix

again from autosport

Q & A with Dennis and Whitmarsh

By Steve Cooper Thursday, September 13th 2007, 19:39 GMT

Q: Do you feel you're the only team in Formula One who deserve to be punished for this sort of incident?

Martin Whitmarsh: "The starting point is, we do not believe that we should have been punished in this way. And I think today we should just concentrate on this situation, not what's happening to other teams."

Q: Do you think FIA president Max Mosley's attitude has changed from the last World Motor Sport Council meeting (in July)?

Ron Dennis: "I have no comment on that."

Q: What was the new evidence submitted in today's hearing?

Dennis: "The evidence today was primarily email traffic between our drivers. And in one instance - Mike Coughlan."

Whitmarsh: "As we've said earlier, these were a few emails, and the drivers have stated categorically that no information was passed to the team."

Dennis: "And of course the team had no knowledge of this email traffic at any stage."

Q: How damaging financially is the punishment to McLaren?

Dennis: "Firstly, effectively, we will still have as an offset the revenue from the points earned to date. That will effectively half the size of the cheque we have to sign, if we ultimately accept this fine.

"But as you can see if you read our accounts, we turn over roughly $450-500 million USD a year, and we are debt-free, so obviously we are a very strong company with phenomenal growth.

"I jokingly asked [Mercedes motorsport director] Norbert [Haug] if he was going to chip in half, but we haven't really come to a conclusion on that negotiation."

Q: And does today's verdict make you consider your own future?

Dennis: "My personal future was never in question as far as I was concerned. I'm very committed to this company, I'm very passionate about motor racing, and I have absolutely no intention of retiring.

"I've made a firm commitment to Martin (Whitmarsh) to succeed me as CEO, and that decision - whenever it's taken - will not have any bearing on today's affair or any other issues this year."

Q: How is this going to affect the future of your drivers?

Dennis: "We have multi-year contracts with both of our drivers, and there has been no discussion about varying them.

"We have two of the best drivers in the world, and our commitment to winning races is undiminished. That's what we exist to do - to win races.

"And if there is any variation to those contracts, it will be by mutual agreements."

Q: Do you have a feeling that the FIA has held double standards in this decision?

Dennis: "I'm not going to make any comment as to the FIA's findings other than the fact that we are firmly of the opinion that we definitely do not concur with their findings.

"But until we have all the details from the FIA, it is impossible for me to have a position on it.

"They've issued [a statement about] the penalties but they haven't issued the actual findings, and it would be wholly inappropriate for me to make any comment until we have those findings."
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Bet the Italians winged and threatened to pull out if they didn't get the result they wanted!!!

Will be interesting to read the transcript tomorrow and see the "evidence"!!!

Something about all this does have a bit of a wiff about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Dawson
            Bet the Italians winged and threatened to pull out if they didn't get the result they wanted!!!

Will be interesting to read the transcript tomorrow and see the "evidence"!!!

Something about all this does have a bit of a wiff about it.
            a bit of a whiff ? more like up to one's nostrils in the brown stuff (hmmmmmmm isn't this GWH's territory ?)

Wouldn't it be great if that certain team (now crowing) were found to have done the same thing - although you can see them getting a slap on the wrist rather than a battering.
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
              Talk about being ducked by derrari oops did I spell it wrongly ?

somehow I have the feeling 'F' for fix, ferrari etc comes to mind - they find they ain't winning appear to resort to dirty tricks
              totally disagree - lets wait and see, we have not seen/heard anywhere near enough evidence to form realistic opinions, i'm afraid i have a feeling those mc boys are GREAT BIG LYING CHEATS!
              Bunkle
              Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkle
                totally disagree - lets wait and see, we have not seen/heard anywhere near enough evidence to form realistic opinions, i'm afraid i have a feeling those mc boys are GREAT BIG LYING CHEATS!
                .......and after hearing Mr Hamilton refering to other drivers less fortunate than himself to be driving one of the best cars as "the monkeys" i would have loved to have seen him banned
                Bunkle
                Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

F1 is one big spy and copy ........all teams get information from others on the QT ............. just the guy at macClaren took it to his local phpotcopier to duplicate it.....nd they split on him

I bet that red team have alot of info on other teams that would cause trouble

Oh and btw i follow Honda racing and red bull

( dont like the toyota drivers)
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                    F1 is one big spy and copy ........all teams get information from others on the QT ............. just the guy at macClaren took it to his local phpotcopier to duplicate it.....nd they split on him

I bet that red team have alot of info on other teams that would cause trouble

Oh and btw i follow Honda racing and red bull

( dont like the toyota drivers)
                    thumbs up for the red bull boys - they seem to do things in the right spirit
                    Bunkle
                    Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

thumbs up for the red bull boys - they seem to do things in the right spirit
                      They have the sprit of fun that the Jordon team had ...............That goes back to hesketh racing

The sport need to be fun as well as the racing or it becomes sterile
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                        They have the sprit of fun that the Jordon team had ...............That goes back to hesketh racing

The sport need to be fun as well as the racing or it becomes sterile
                        just watched jordan on newsnight - from various reports raikonen tries his best to enjoy the benefits !
                        Bunkle
                        Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

just watched jordan on newsnight - from various reports raikonen tries his best to enjoy the benefits !
                          And how much do the teams try to cover that fact
                          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
                          X