X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go again

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6992299.stm

Onwards Binky

I'm sure they wheel this one out when they (politions) aren't getting any attention. Although, I would have to aree that one form of travel shouldn't be taxed higher than another if there equally bad for the envioment.

Mark....
    Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

But with the scr aping of duty on veg oil {below2500L a year} we are legal now in our efforts to save the trees as well as our pockets happy days
      Brian

Comment

Nice if you live in the south of England and can get the train to Heathrow or Gatwick. My nearest international airport is Aberdeen. If this goes ahead and they add VAT to short hall domectic flights, it'll be cheaper to fly Long Haul via Amsterdam with KLM rather than LHR or LGW with BA or BMI. This will probably be true for Edinburgh and Glasgow too.

Once again those up north get shafted by the $$$$ing Torries. Another reason to leave this $$$$ty country.
        There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

yes thats right, more tax actually 'combats' climate change. it actually converts green house emmissions into safe air that doesnt warm up the environment in a viscious cycle. more tax never lines the pockets of the goverment, and it rewards the good hard working people of britain by giving them piece of mind that they are saving the environment.
          if we increase tax on every saleable product available in the uk, we will all be better people and lead better lives.

im never sarcastic in any situation. ever.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by onlynik
            Once again those up north get shafted by the $$$$ing Torries. Another reason to leave this $$$$ty country.
            thank you!
            cant we all chip in and buy an off shore disused oil rig... we can work off there or something. may be off the coast of russia
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
              yes thats right, more tax actually 'combats' climate change. it actually converts green house emmissions into safe air that doesnt warm up the environment in a viscious cycle. more tax never lines the pockets of the goverment, and it rewards the good hard working people of britain by giving them piece of mind that they are saving the environment.
              if we increase tax on every saleable product available in the uk, we will all be better people and lead better lives.

im never sarcastic in any situation. ever.
              F**k the planet, I'm converting to petrol power!

Comment

Originally posted by onlynik
                Nice if you live in the south of England and can get the train to Heathrow or Gatwick. My nearest international airport is Aberdeen. If this goes ahead and they add VAT to short hall domectic flights, it'll be cheaper to fly Long Haul via Amsterdam with KLM rather than LHR or LGW with BA or BMI. This will probably be true for Edinburgh and Glasgow too.

The Tories haven't been in power since 1997. The only people killing this country are Labour, the stealth tax party of choice.

Comment

Working...
                X