know that i have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• know that i have

know that i have got a replacement r151 gearbox is the job of transplanting it in to my surf do yous lot out in surf land think that this is a job for a garage to do or can i get the tools out and have a go on my own ????????????

or is it like asking a truck driver to do A hart by pass op 1 should i do it my self or 2 should i get it done by a garage
    Last edited by jeff.fn02jwa; 10 September 2007, 02:13.
    S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Originally posted by jeff.fn02jwa
    know that i have got a replacement r151 gearbox is the job of transplanting it in to my surf do yous lot out in surf land think that this is a job for a garage to do or can i get the tools out and have a go on my own ????????????

or is it like asking a truck driver to do A hart by pass op 1 should i do it my self or 2 should i get it done by a garage
    Depends, how good are you at car mechanics??? I wouldn't try, but then I wouldn't know where to start...the gearbox is underneath, right??....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
      Depends, how good are you at car mechanics??? I wouldn't try, but then I wouldn't know where to start...the gearbox is underneath, right??....
      i dunno mate you did a pretty good job at changing your g/box mount in a field in the middle of nowhere friday afternoon.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

yes will have ago

yes will have ago and jock and i did tack the new gear box out of the downer surf down in Hampshire but it was 2h 30 min just to get the box out and we had a JCB holding the front of the downer surf up about 2/3 feet up in the air and the gear box must be the weight of say 100 kgs and then some it is no light weight and run if you where to drop the new box on the way in

Comment

If you are going to attempt this, at minimum you'll need a good trolley jack to support the gearbox whilst you undo all the bolts and connections and then to pull it out from under the truck. Trying to do it without, unless you have a pit, could be difficult as it is rather a heavy unit and trying to manoever it without could damage either it, the replacement or you.
          Mike G

Comment

Get the SURF up in the air using 2 sets of ramps. You'll have more room to work.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

well

well i have been thinking about this one since before i got the replacement box and i have even considered lifting off the shell and rolling the rolling chase from out under it but how much work will that give me and if it would work this way i could do the 2 inch lift at the same time and poss the back springs to what do the pro surfers think of this one is it do or dont do it it would mean building a jib to block and tackle the shell up i have got the room in the drive to do it but will the shell line up after the job is finished ?????????????????????????????? ????????

Comment

Working...
              X