For those with aftermarket gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those with aftermarket gauges

I wouldn't mind fitting an aftermarket temp gauge. Just somet decent to monitor the um....temperature

BUT....do they just make you paranoid? see a slight increase by a degree or two an your at the side of the road with the bonnet up?? Or are they a useful bit of bling...i mean kit..yeah.... kit

Any opinions would be snazy...oh an tips on installing one

I fitted one of the digital type with a flashing L.E.D when it went over 100 deg
    to my D90 after £3000 worth of engine rebuilds, I made a nice st/st dash to put it in as well. It was very useful for guaging
    how much $$$$ was blocking the rad as it was quite sensetive.

Mark....
    Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

Wow! Snazzy dash mate.

are the digital ones expensive? well, considerably more so then a needle one?

Comment

They were when i was looking!! nice tho, i'm no more paranoid since fitting the aftermarket one than i was before, still bl00dy paranoid, they are a lot better than the factory gauge, useually by the time that hits the roof it's toooooooooooooooooooooo late anyhow, i was watching mine top out at just under a 100c yesterday so summat else cooling wise is definatly called for, i dont know! all those fans and it still get's too hot for my likeing,
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
          They were when i was looking!! nice tho, i'm no more paranoid since fitting the aftermarket one than i was before, still bl00dy paranoid, they are a lot better than the factory gauge, useually by the time that hits the roof it's toooooooooooooooooooooo late anyhow, i was watching mine top out at just under a 100c yesterday so summat else cooling wise is definatly called for, i dont know! all those fans and it still get's too hot for my likeing,

Leave the bonnet off maybe??

Comment

http://www.potn.co.uk/p1621028.htm
            I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Originally posted by Spitfire
              Leave the bonnet off maybe??
              Yup!! bonnet grill wings

Comment

Originally posted by kiowa
                F me it's something when you have to take out finance to buy a temp gauge i'll stick with being paranoid, plus they dont look all that different from the ones i have, at about £30 a nob

Comment

The one in the picture was about £28 with sensor from the bay. Best place to put sensor is inbetween pipe that runs from the head to the heater.

Mark....
                  Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

we can make them...
                    while i was holiday i done some thinking (ouch! lol) and you know what we all need? all we will need is one LED red bulb that comes on whenever your temp gauge will go over the 3/4 mark. this will be cheap to do.

one LED mounted on the dash, wired to a variable resistor set to measure the current accross the original temp gauge. as when the needle goes up the current changes (or is it voltage cant remember need to do some reading).
                    this way your original needle will still work, and when this superbright LED comes on then there will be no mistaking something is about to go wrong. if it comes on early enough..

the simpler the better
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                    X