Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surf for previa

Please help
    I have finally decided to sell my '91, 2.4 surf. New head last year plus new rad, cambelt. fuel injecter. MoT failed (July) on hole in exhaust and cv boot and high emissions. Exhaust was patched up with a wrap but only just s$$$$ed the emissions test. Anyway, i am considering a 1998 Toyota Previa MPV 2.4 GS, petrol, auto box.Does anybody know of any problems with this model (like the surf's head probs), i dont want to buy another 'time bomb' with probs waiting to happen. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    I have been offered £1000 for the surf trade in. against £3000 for the previa.
    Last edited by DexterSurf; 7 September 2007, 13:46.

My dads mates got one, wait for it.......... Its got a cracked head now, as with all cars. You need to make sure they dont creep up in temp. But i guess some are more prone then others.

Comment

Previa

I've just done the reverse, we had a 1994 Previa 2.4 auto for about for years and have just sold to help fund the purchase of our 3.0td Surf. In the four years or so we had it, it never missed a beat,never overheated only things we had to replace were your normal wear and tear items. I was under the impression that it was the imported versions (Lucida and Estima) that were prone to overheating and head problems. But i suppose its like most vehicles,if you keep on top of the servicing etc.they should be OK.
      Hope this doesn't cause too much confusion and good luck with your purchase, our Previa was the best vehicle we had owned until now.
      My other car is a Red Hot Mini !!!

Comment

Working...
      X