Veg Oil 100% System Plans, Cheap And Simple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veg Oil 100% System Plans, Cheap And Simple

Some plans ive drawn up for the twin tank 100% veg oil system that should cost about £150 to make if your frugal enough.

I am charging nothing for these plans, and systems already exist that are for sale, it is for info only and does not represent any profit to myself or any other organisation!

Have a look folks and tell me what you think, oh and i know it works!

You will need to include your filter as i havent included it in the picture, and an inline one for the diesel line will also be needed. Existing filter would best go in the line before the heat exchanger and the valve so that the heat is closest to the pump.
    Last edited by The Lang-Shankit Scunner; 6 September 2007, 14:01.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Good plans mate! If in time i stick with the 2.4 an dont do a lexus V8 swap then a twin tank (along with intercooler) is something i'd be interested in.

Comment

For extra heat at the pump on veg you can also include a glow plug box for a couple of minutes at first just to heat the first wee bit.

Its called a vow2b on ebay, if you want that is.
      Last edited by The Lang-Shankit Scunner; 6 September 2007, 14:18.
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

The fuel heater I've got (as does the hornet) has the electric glow plug, plus heat exchange to take over when it's up to temp, works really well. Planning to put something like boiler insulation around the fuel tank. That should keep some of the heat in from the warmed oil sent back down the return pipe.
        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Aye they work well, and house tank insulation is what im getting for my fuel tank plus lagging for the pipes in time for winter.
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Theres one on ebay called a vow2b
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

cool. will this stop the fuel leaking through the pump when running on pure veg though?
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

no but it may slow it down as with the oil being leaner hot, there is less pressure.
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie Surfer
                  Aye they work well, and house tank insulation is what im getting for my fuel tank plus lagging for the pipes in time for winter.

You could use fire resistant expanding foam around the tank, it is the same stuff they use on hot water cylinders, only fire resistant, and will get into all the nooks and crannies, and stop all those anoying rattles.

Bit of a bugger to get off though.
                  Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Good idea and prob would stop minor leaks aswell for those who have em.
                    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Why use the main diesel tank as the SVO tank? If you use the secondry tank as the SVO tank, which I presume you will have in the boot, the cold air in winter wont be as harsh on the fuel as it will have the carpet and the boot floor protecting it. If you ran the second line from the boot down the center consoul under the carpet its insulated from the cold even more.

Also with the return pipe linked the way it is are you not at risk of putting cold SVO into your injectors after a cold snap ? Leaving the main tank as it is and using a second one for SVO would eliminate this?

When I bought my present Surf the last owner had gone down your route which then made it hard for the Mrs (if you have one etc) to fill up with diesel when the tank is in the boot as not many women will want to fill up with SVO.

I have a 50 ltr marine tank in my boot just for the SVO but you can get bigger. I am trying to talk my mate into making a HUGE stainless one the full width of the boot with the profile of the back seat slope so that I can double the capacity.

Last edited by max6674; 6 September 2007, 22:57.
                      -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

The reason i use the main tank is for range and storage space, lardge tank in the boot would be impractical for those with load carrying needs. If you have purged properly the night before then there wouldnt be any cold veg in the system! The return pipe fills with diesel aswell, 5 mins or so and youve got fresh diesel.

The point of these plans is to help those with very little money do a twin tank kit, those lardge tanks cost almost what this kit will cost. I personally have an expensive dieselveg kit costing £500.

Also leaving the return pipe going to the main tank would would rattle through your diesel and dilute the veg with it, whats the point in that?

I have a 20ltr tank in ma boot for space, and my return pipe loop is very short lessening the time it takes to get back to diesel at night.

Remember 50% of your fuel goes past the injectors into the return pipe, so there is enough pressure for it to push it back to the intake of the pump again, meaning the fuel would only have to circulate twice before it has changed totally.

20ltres of diesel lasts me about 2-3 weeks, so idont feel the need for more.
                        Cheers
                        Last edited by The Lang-Shankit Scunner; 7 September 2007, 07:59.
                        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

This is why i use the main tank!!!!! Look at all that space!!!!!

Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

dont that pen and ink though when you fill up with derv?
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

No it goes away very quickly, ive had alot of passenger and no-one has mentioned a smell at all.
                              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
                              X