No announcement yet.

head repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was going on the high side with £2k. garage said £1400 plus vat plus whatever else they find wrong. Have seen a couple of 95 3ltr surfs for sale one at £2300 and other at £2600 so it just shows how much they are falling in price. Fabulous trucks and in my thinking are worth far more than that but the market is swamped with them now so I suppose this dictates the market prices. Pal of mine has a 04 warrior and I have drove his and I would rather have the old surf, more solid and with character

Comment

Originally posted by yungjamie
      Was going on the high side with £2k. garage said £1400 plus vat plus whatever else they find wrong. Have seen a couple of 95 3ltr surfs for sale one at £2300 and other at £2600 so it just shows how much they are falling in price. Fabulous trucks and in my thinking are worth far more than that but the market is swamped with them now so I suppose this dictates the market prices. Pal of mine has a 04 warrior and I have drove his and I would rather have the old surf, more solid and with character
      You should see the prices here mate!! Mega bucks

Found a 91 2.4, nothing special up for just under 3K. An that was cheap for this area!!

Comment

please do not believe head problems only happen on the 2.4s, several 3 litres including mine have gone and only recently. get it properly done with a head from stevo

Comment

Yes rod, I can understand why the trucks are expensive in your part of the country as you're all on mega wages here in devon we are very poor
          people and still have to s$$$$e a living together It is just economics why I won't be spending nearly £2k on repairing my truck.

Comment

Head replacement should only cost you £1100 all in.
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Just put a V8 in it

Comment

At £1400 plus vat, it was the cheapest quote out of 3. They are independant garages. Suppose I could try and get a guy who works for his self but I doubt if I would get the same warranty as from the garages. No disrespect to the self employed mechanics out there, quite sure there is a lot of gud uns.

Comment

There is no way i'd pay out £1400+VAT for a head change. I love my surf but i just couldnt pay that for the power of the 2.4

If the seal stuff dosnt work, whats your plans? Get another surf ? Get it fixed? get a completly different car/truck?

Comment

If the steel seal does'nt work, will sell her as a job lot for spares, or maybe drop a small block chevy in her 5.7ltr. should ruffle a few feathers with my neighbours. I will be getting a later model surf next year with a bit of luck.

Comment

will be attempting the steel seal over the weekend to see what happens. i have to locate the piston whitch is causing back pressure in the expansion tank. Can I just take a plug out individually to eventually find the affected piston. Any help/advice will be appreciated

Comment

Working...
                      X