Still sounds like a Fiesta - 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still sounds like a Fiesta - 2

Well, been to Manchester this weekend, and the truck still sounds like a Fiesta under acceleration...the whole truck vibrates like mad at idle, and pulling away the noise from the engine is awful..

So - do I need shims/tappets/glow plugs/injectors what????

I've got new engine mounts, gearbox mount, 4 new UJs, and 4 wheel bearing kits, all going onto the truck on Thursday....so let's see if that helps - but if I can't get it quiet, I'm looking for someone who can take it off my hands for 3 weeks while I'm in the US, and just get it sorted out - any offers??? Budget is £500 to just sort it.....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

So you will pay £500 to get it sorted, hmm i can sort it once and for all, you give me the cash and i have 3 weeks to drown it, sounds good to me.
    Working at last.......

Comment

GO & SEE UNCLE TONY
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
        GO & SEE UNCLE TONY
        Good call mate - trouble is I haven't got much time at the mo - too busy, but a plan is.....

Drop truck off in Basingstoke on Sat 22nd, get train home, go to work in Cincinnati for a week, come home, collect Surf from Tony on Sat 29th and drive it home......

Tony - are you able to look at it for me???

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
          Good call mate - trouble is I haven't got much time at the mo - too busy, but a plan is.....

Drop truck off in Basingstoke on Sat 22nd, get train home, go to work in Cincinnati for a week, come home, collect Surf from Tony on Sat 29th and drive it home......

Tony - are you able to look at it for me???
          Don't you mean look and repair it for you cause i would look at it for you for £500 but can't repair it
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Have you checked the front crank pulley ? They can make your engine shake and rattle like mad when they start to fail . If you need a new one contact Gamedawn . I diagnoised his failing but his engine went bang before he fitted it .
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
              Have you checked the front crank pulley ? They can make your engine shake and rattle like mad when they start to fail . If you need a new one contact Gamedawn . I diagnoised his failing but his engine went bang before he fitted it .

Hi Rick - errrrr - no!

Can you check that at night???? I'll have the garage look at it on Thursday - I'll see if that's what it is - it may be the gearbox mount - it is much worse when it's in D at a standstill, in N it is better, but under acceleration it's VERY loud - I wonder if it's the turbo.....

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
                Don't you mean look and repair it for you cause i would look at it for you for £500 but can't repair it

God - I think I'll pay myself £500 and just stare at it for an hour....

Comment

if it were the turbo i would think it would sound more like a tin of nails being shaken about like mine was and mine was due to no oil pressure and high temp after a day on salisbury

Comment

God - I think I'll pay myself £500 and just stare at it for an hour....
                    i'll stare at it for longer if that'll make you happier...

Comment

Some of us folk are sick of offering good advice which people don't ADHERE to TONY is the MAN so do whats right
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

Some of us folk are sick of offering good advice which people don't ADHERE to TONY is the MAN so do whats right
                        go on dude you know it makes sense,tony is the man
                        needs to be right for welsh wales
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
                          i'll stare at it for longer if that'll make you happier...
                          I'll take your 'stare at it for longer' and raise you 'a good looking at'......

Comment

I'll take your 'stare at it for longer' and raise you 'a good looking at'......
                            and i'll take your good looking at and raise you a sigh and hhhhmmmmm

Comment

Eh - Calm down up there......

I will - I'll ping him and ask if he can fit it in....God - keep your hair on man!!

Comment

Working...
                              X