changed the discs + pads today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changed the discs + pads today!

So, for the past few weeks my brakes have been, pretty non existant!

Got the pads and discs from roughtrax. Got the whole thing done in a few hours. including stoping time for cheese burgers and cups of tea!

Good to have it back on the road!

just need to get power to the dials so i can drive at night!!!

Originally posted by RodLeach

Got the pads and discs from roughtrax. Got the whole thing done in a few hours. including stoping time for cheese burgers and cups of tea!

My brakes have always been c r a p, I thought it was a 2nd gen thing, are yours any better with the new pads??
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

good job rod wanna do mine now?
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Their still in there bedding in period. But the brakes on surfs are shocking!!

Didnt even think about the 4wd parts till we got the wheels off and then thought.... "bu**er". So me an my dad took it down my uncles. first time hes had to use his 54mm socket set!

Comment

Originally posted by pops
          good job rod wanna do mine now?
          Do any job for the right money pops!

Give us your safari and i'll get them done for you?

Hows that sound ?

Comment

Let us know how it goes when they're bedded in, coz if it's a marked improvement, I'll change mine even though they are no where near worn out, they may just be hardened with age.
            Rob

Comment

Sure, no worries!

have to be honest. They fell the same in there "bedding in" period as the old ones did before they wore out, so fingers crossed on a marked improvement! Im going up to 33" soon and i can imagine the brakes really take a beating trying to stop them!

Comment

Im going up to 33" soon and i can imagine the brakes really take a beating trying to stop them!

So does the rest of the drive train, engine and gearbox, unless you re-gear the diffs.
                Rob

Comment

I was happy the other day cos a little boy ran out in the road and the surf actually locked a wheel!.... In the dry. Had to pull on steering wheel though to push pedal hard enough:-)
                  Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

as part of my front end overhaul fitted new disks, calipers, braded hoses & pads - gravity provided the bleed and wow wot a difference, now they are bedded wheels can be locked!!
                    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                    Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
                      as part of my front end overhaul fitted new disks, calipers, braded hoses & pads - gravity provided the bleed and wow wot a difference, now they are bedded wheels can be locked!!

Just ordered new discs and pads for mine. Going to do the job when my drive shaft gaiters come in next week (none in the country). Did yours shudder through the pedal like mine do? I think their warped, that's why I'm changing them.

Comment

i think my disc are on their way out aswell as i got quite a bit of shudder yesterday when braking heavy.I ain't told her about them yet but i did say that oi need 2 new tyres and a new tail section for the exhaust but i said the exhaust will be done in S/S and then when the rest of the exhaust goes then get that done also so next weekend i have to do my best to break the tail section so i can get it sorted properly
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
                          i think my disc are on their way out aswell as i got quite a bit of shudder yesterday when braking heavy.I ain't told her about them yet but i did say that oi need 2 new tyres and a new tail section for the exhaust but i said the exhaust will be done in S/S and then when the rest of the exhaust goes then get that done also so next weekend i have to do my best to break the tail section so i can get it sorted properly

I think they shudder as they are vented and when they get thin and rusty they warp??

Toyota's back box is Stainless, bit pricey though and it's not the really shiney type.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                            I think they shudder as they are vented and when they get thin and rusty they warp??

Toyota's back box is Stainless, bit pricey though and it's not the really shiney type.
                            a local exhaust and tyre place has come reccomended from a garage that builds custom cars and they quoted me about £45 all in to have it exit behind the rear wheel arch so thats not too bad i think
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
                              a local exhaust and tyre place has come reccomended from a garage that builds custom cars and they quoted me about £45 all in to have it exit behind the rear wheel arch so thats not too bad i think

Bl00dy hell. That's megga cheap. good deal there I think!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X