My first time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first time...

...changing the oil and fuel filters on a surf! (oh, and air). Surprised at just how quick and painless it was actually, I thought I'd be in for some kerfuffle's but no, all done in about 20 mins. She puuurrrrs now.

Good job too, off to Heathrow for holiday tomorrow, Mrs would have killed me if I had killed the truck!
    I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

20 mins - christ, you can come and do mine!!!!
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

[quote= kerfuffle's[/quote]

I love that word but where did it come from??

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
        I love that word but where did it come from??
        http://www.worldwidewords.org/weirdwords/ww-ker1.htm

Comment

has it taken all this time to find that Andy
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
            has it taken all this time to find that Andy
            Erm....what?

I'm only half concentrating - watching fat people on TV

Comment

Considerin most modern cars have paper element filters mounted on top of the engine and can be changed in 2 mins the Surf is a real pain with all the "kerfuffle" involved.

Comment

the only real trouble I had was getting the top off the old fuel filter but the trusty hammer soon sorted that out. the main oil filter was a doddle, easy to get to and unscrewed by hand.

and ive not clicked the link, but kerfuffle was made famous by Little Britain, no? The disabled andy sketch I think...
                I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by mooter
                  and ive not clicked the link, but kerfuffle was made famous by Little Britain, no? The disabled andy sketch I think...
                  nah, it's an actual word!...

you didn't chnage the oil with the filter??... surely that took at least 20mins to just to drain??
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                    nah, it's an actual word!...

you didn't chnage the oil with the filter??... surely that took at least 20mins to just to drain??
                    I reckon on 5 mins for the fuel filter, 10 mins to drain the oil, 30 seconds to change the air filter, 5 mins to change the oil filter and 5 mins to refil the oil, so if you take out the sump plug first, and do the other jobs while the oil is draining then 20 minutes should be achievable

Someone should tell the main stealers this as they probably charge you two hours labour for that!
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                      I reckon on 5 mins for the fuel filter, 10 mins to drain the oil, 30 seconds to change the air filter, 5 mins to change the oil filter and 5 mins to refil the oil, so if you take out the sump plug first, and do the other jobs while the oil is draining then 20 minutes should be achievable

Someone should tell the main stealers this as they probably charge you two hours labour for that!

well, I'm doing oil and fuel filter change tomorrow (and oil) so I'll time it and let you know...

Comment

Working...
                      X