New stable mate needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New stable mate needed.

Well the time is coming where I am going to get rid of the Surfs stable mates (all 3) and replace with one car. I currently have a Celica Gen 5 convertable, a kit car and a Cherokee (did I swear then). The Surf is staying as thats my main running about car etc.

I have narrowed the running down to 3 cars but I'm a little stuck on what to go for.

Im not looking at buying one of these until christmas time but its time to start looking anyway.

In the running are:

VW Touareg 5ltr TDI
    BMW Z4 3ltr coupe
    Chrylser Crossfire 3.2ltr coupe.

I think I have a fave out of the 3 but still undecided... Does anyone have any experience with any of these cars or have driven/owned one?

Well David its over to you (said in the worst Lloyd Grossman voice ever).
    -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Spoilt for choice there mate
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Chrylser Crossfire wins hands down for me
      I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

VW or the BMW - both really nice motors. Z4 way better than Z3, and that was nice too. Don't go much on the Crossfire personally, fast on straights, $$$$ on bends. I've recently test driven (don't laugh) the new Wrangler Safari and the Dodge Nitro. Have now decided to do up the Surf (paint and lift) and buy a Tiger Super 6 and a Hyundai Coupe!!

Comment

Originally posted by kiowa
          Chrylser Crossfire wins hands down for me
          Thats whats winning for me at the moment..

Originally posted by contaminated
          Don't go much on the Crossfire personally, fast on straights, $$$$ on bends.
          Im used to rear drive cars so not to bothered about it being poo in the bends.

I think I will have to book test drives and see whats what then.. Im not buying a new one but the stealers dont have to know that do they..

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
            Well the time is coming where I am going to get rid of the Surfs stable mates (all 3) and replace with one car. I currently have a Celica Gen 5 convertable, a kit car and a Cherokee (did I swear then). The Surf is staying as thats my main running about car etc.

I have narrowed the running down to 3 cars but I'm a little stuck on what to go for.

Im not looking at buying one of these until christmas time but its time to start looking anyway.

In the running are:

VW Touareg 5ltr TDI
            BMW Z4 3ltr coupe
            Chrylser Crossfire 3.2ltr coupe.

I think I have a fave out of the 3 but still undecided... Does anyone have any experience with any of these cars or have driven/owned one?

Well David its over to you (said in the worst Lloyd Grossman voice ever).
            Get an Audi A8 4.2 TDI Quattro - space for 5 plus luggage, 0-60 in a gnats knob over 6 seconds....and diesel.......
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Three totally different cars there, what do you want to use it for?

A touareg 5 ltr will carry a large family, and a Z4 wont.
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                Three totally different cars there, what do you want to use it for?

A touareg 5 ltr will carry a large family, and a Z4 wont.

Although, the Toe-rag might carry a Z4.....

If it helps, my mate has a Z4, he's had it for 3 months and is sending it back...

New Windscreen (the original one fell out)
                New drivers seat
                New rear shocks
                New front bumper (paint started flaking off)
                New front shocks
                New boot hinges
                New dashboard (original one fell apart)

Dealers are arrogant and don't care about you

Chrysler - again, have a friend with one, tyres are VERY expensive and his radio got stuck on, very loud...can't drive in the wet (not sure if that's down to him or the car) and nothing fits in it - it's the old SLK with a different body on it so, tiny inside...

Toe-rag - nice, big, capable well built car...my choice!

Comment

I've known a couple of people who bought rather expensive (30k +), brand new bmw's and had several serious mechanical and electrical failures within 6 months, and bmw were unable to rectify the problems and would not change the car or give full refund ( but then the car industry in general is above giving refunds for faulty goods)

I think the new bmw may be made in the old skoda factory these days.
                  Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Z4 for definate

Comment

vw if you wanna look like lord bath

bmw if you wanna look like a sales rep

crossfire if you wanna look like smokey and the bandit

Comment

I just want something that looks nice and has come oomph to it.

I was thinking of the Toe-rag for when I go diving as the Surf struggles a little with all the gear in, but then again I wouldnt want wet gear in a new ish car so the Surf will do me for diving..

I like to have something under the foot when I floor it, and my van or Surf dont do that for me hence the reason for wanting either of the other 2, but I think the posts on here have put me of the Z4.. and its the only BM I have liked.

Crossfire is winning, unless anyone can come up with any others?

Comment

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?s=299

Comment

I was thinking of the Toe-rag for when I go diving as the Surf struggles a little with all the gear in, but then again I wouldnt want wet gear in a new ish car so the Surf will do me for diving..

I like to have something under the foot when I floor it, and my van or Surf dont do that for me hence the reason for wanting either of the other 2, but I think the posts on here have put me of the Z4.. and its the only BM I have liked.

Ahem - Audi A8 4.2 TDI Quattro.........plenty of power, space and presence.....

Comment

http://www.turbocentre.co.uk/view_car.php?id=1238

Comment

Working...
                              X